Chapter XVI

I take my clothes off and stay in my underwear. I go in and keep the egg close to me. Fred and George enter few seconds after.

            “Why is it so cold?” Fred says as he shakes a little.

            “I prefer it that way.” I say with a smirk.

            I put the egg under the water and it opens on his own. I can hear a melodious song start and a sweet voice. I knew the merpeople were behind this. I go under the water and hear the even better. Fred and George go down and the song starts.

Come seek us where our voices sound.

We cannot sing above the ground,

And while you’re searching, ponder this;

We’ve taken what you’ll sorely miss,

An hour long you’ll have to look,

And recover what we took,

But past an hour – the prospect’s black,

Too late, it’s gone, it won’t come back.

            I go back up few seconds after the boys. They are coughing a little bit.

            “That was a long thing to listen to.” George hardly says.

            I rest my back on the side of the bath and repeat the song in my head until the guys feel better. A clue is for the next task. They side on each side of me and relax.

            “The next task is in the Blake Lack. The Merpeople are all there. All I need to do is to find something ‘I’ll surely miss’ within an hour.” I say.

            I blink few times because of the drops of water that fall from my lashes.

            “Well, that wasn’t too hard.” I say as I sit back and loosen up.

            I close my eyes and lay the back of my head on the edge of the bathtub. I brush the back of my hands on Fred and George’s. They slide their hands and intertwine their fingers with mine. My heart beats fast and I can feel it in my skull. It’s the same feeling when the water of the bath is very hot. The only thing is that the water is cool right now.

            If only time could freeze. If only I could stay with Fred and George like this forever. Decisions can sometimes break an individual. It can help one’s life by creature a hell of paradise or a paradise of hell. I don’t want to make a decision which makes me selfish. I could decide that I want both of them but it would make me cruel. I can run away from my duty which would make me a coward.

            I feel Fred wrap my left hand with both of his. George gently squeezes my right hand. I sink in the water a bit more so my mouth is submerged but my nose isn’t. What am I suppose to do?

            “Students! Professor Dumbledore has an announcement to make.” Professor McGonagall loudly says.

            Everyone stops eating and drops their forks on their plates. Fred lays his back on mine and drops his head on my shoulder.

            “What again?” He complains.

            I laugh and brush his hair with my left hand and look back at the headmaster.

            “We have a tradition here at Hogwarts. For the past centuries, every school that has been chosen to participate in the Triwizard Tournament will be asked to participate in a night of festivity. We call it the Yule Ball.” Dumbledore says.