Chapter IX

I look from Fred to George around a thousand times before I sit down next to them. I bring my knees close to my chest and fear the worst. I hope they are alright.

            “Remember that night when you almost attacked Fred?” George calmly asks.

            I look down and nod slightly, too ashamed to meet their eyes.

            “Your eyes turned this weird red color that seemed to go darker and darker as the minutes were passing. Your attitude completely changed that time and it did the same thing today.” He continues.

            I stand up quickly and I’m over whelmed with fear. They think I’m a monster. They saw me once and it could’ve been a mistake, but they saw me once more today. The worst part of caring about people is that their judgments are the heaviest ones on your shoulder.

            “I’m so sorry.” I manage to say.

            My voice was breaking and weak like I was tired. I want to run away as much as I want them to show me their affection. I doubt that, after this, they would want again. George gets up and a small smile is spread across his face.

            “Sorry about what?” He says.

            He puts his hands on my shoulder and rubs my arms. Fred follows his brother and rubs the top of my head.

            “We love you too much to let you go.” Fred says.

            It sounded so genuine. They love me. No matter what happens, they will love me. If only they knew how much I care about them. They are very precious to me.

            “I understand now.” I say to myself.

            They take few steps back and give me a quizzical look. I take my wand out and point it at a random object.

            “Expecto Patronum.” I calmly cast.

            The blue light shines upon us and the lion takes few steps in front of us and roars.

            “Protect what is yours. You never thought it was weird for a Slytherin to have such a patronus? I am not more of a Slytherin then I am a Gryffindor. The animal is not important in this situation. A lion will protect what is his like his territory, his food,… his loved ones.” I say as I look at them with pride.

            The butterflies in my stomach are back with a different feeling this time. It feels like a big joy and excitement is over powering me. The reason why I’m here is because of them. It is a rubbish idea and thought to say that they are the reason why I’m weak. They are, in fact, the reason why I am so strong.

            “We are as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.” Fred and George say at the same time.

            I smile at them and wrap one of my arm around Fred and the other around George. The second later, we are hugging each other close to each other.

            “From this day on, I promise both of you that I will be strong and brave.” I tell them.

            My lion roars one last time and disappears. Fred laughs and George pulls me on his back.

            “That’s the Analeigh we love.” George says.

            I smile and let them lead me to wherever they are going. After few minutes of walking, Fred starts to hit my but few times with a different beat.