Andy Hurley x Reader - Self-Determination

Comincia dall'inizio

"As long as you live under my roof-" your dad shouted.

"Then I'll move out," you answered, already on your way to your room.

"The hell you will," your mother cried, grabbing your arm, but you ripped away.

"Don't touch me, you have no right," you hissed, ignoring the tears that ran down your cheeks. You loved your parents. Why did they have to be so stupid? Why could they not realize that Andy meant the world to you? You had been in love before, you had been in relationships before. But none had been even close to being as intense as this one. You had never believed in soulmates or the one true love, but with Andy... You needed to get away, leave this house, leave for a while and talk to Andy, let him calm you down.

"Hey, young- where are you going?" Your father had jumped up and followed you to your room where you slammed the door in his face.

You ignored their shouts and banging after you had locked the door. You would run away. You had no idea for how long, but at least for a couple of day. What would you need? You quickly took your backpack that you used for college and threw your wallet in there after checking if you had enough cash, your id, your driver's license and your credit card. Two shirts and some sweatpants followed, then a hoodie, socks and underwear. Luckily your room was connected to a small bathroom only you did use, so you quickly grabbed your toothbrush, a small towel and some shampoo as well. You did a quick check, only noticing the charger for your mobile that you needed, and decided that you were finished packing; your backpack was full anyway.

Your parents were still banging loudly against the door and honestly it scared you a little, but you pressed the contact to Andy's phone anyway.

"Hello, and good evening at the-" his voice sounded from the other side, imitating a ringmaster.

"Can you come pick me up," you interrupted him.

"I'll be there in a minute," and he had hung up.

There was no doubt that he had heard by the sound of your voice that something was very wrong.

You took a look at the clock, trying to guess how long it would take him to get there. He did not live far away, so after a few minutes, you got up from your bad, grabbed your bag, and faced the door that was still being shouted at by your parents.

Taking a deep breath, you unlocked the door, and walked outside, pushing past the two of them without taking a look. They followed you, screaming to know where you were going and what you were doing with the backpack. You ignored them, grabbing the house keys from the bowl next to the door and stepped outside into the cool evening air just as Andy's car was halting in front of the house.

You tried not to run, but still walked over as quickly as possible, sliding into the passenger seat. You parents were shouting and crying and overall behaving like two upset toddlers as you fastened your seatbelt.

"Drive," you mumbled to Andy, and he did not hesitate for a moment to press the gas pedal.

You just stared at your knee, and later at Andy's hand that he had placed there. The warmth of his palm seeped through your jeans and gave some comfort. When you looked up after a while, you realized that you did not recognize the landscape.

"Where are we going," you asked, your voice sounding tired.

"Wherever you wanna go," Andy answered, gently squeezing your knee.

"I just... My parents found out we were still together and... shit hit the fan. They screamed and said- " you felt yourself choke up, but continued talking while tears started running down your face once more. "They wanted me to break up with you and- I could never do that and I love them, I love them so much, but they have to respect my choices and I love you, I love you so fucking much and –" you continued rambling, trying to explain how much he meant to you, how you could not even imagine what breathing would feel like without him by your side.

Andy pulled at the side of the road and bent over to you as good as possible wrapping you in his muscular arms. You let yourself be engulfed by the warmth his body offered; his breathing and the soft hair that tickled your face calming you down.

"I just had to get out of there," you whimpered. "Thank you for picking me up."

"Of course, I was prepared for something like this, love," he whispered.

He waited until you had calmed down, then he pulled away and pressed his lips against yours, but you turned your head away.

"I'm all salty and snotty from crying," you mumbled embarrassed, but Andy just chuckled, putting a hand at the side of your face and turning your head back to face him.

"But still very kissable," he smirked.

You smiled a little at that and he leant in again, kissing your hot lips, ignoring the drying tears. You never knew how it was possible, but Andy seemed to calm you down immediately. His presence was addicting, and his touch like a drug to you.

After he had kissed your tears and pain away, he sat up straight again.

"So, where do you wanna go," he asked.

"Where do you wanna go," you asked in return, curiously.

"Well, I was thinking Mexico, or Florida," he suggested.

"Are you serious," you wondered.

"Sure, we should get away for a while, take some time off, just for the two of us, somewhere where we don't need to worry about anyone blabbing about us to your parents," he grinned, obviously looking forward to this.

"What about college, what about your stuff, don't you need clothes and money," you asked, although the idea to just drive south as far as the road went, without worrying about anything sounded really tempting.

"College can wait, we're both good students, we can learn that stuff in no time, or we just take a whole year and do it next year. And as I said, I was expecting this sort of, so there is an emergency bag on the backseat," he gestured behind him and sure enough there was a big bag resting behind his seat.

"In that case," you could feel the smile spread over your face, "how about Florida?"

"Florida it is then," Andy grinned, "Come on, put your bag behind your seat. CDs are in the glove compartment."

You threw your backpack behind your seat and chose a CD that you popped into the CD player of the car. Andy quickly leant over to kiss you again before he pulled back into the street to the first riffs of a guitar, and sped down the road heading south, heading towards a better future.