[Chapter 19, Preparing for negotiations]

Comincia dall'inizio

Although back then, his parents ran the Drake Stable and he was learning the trade." I spoke smiling and leaned towards the confused Padge as he looked at me.

"What, never knew I had kobold friends as a kid?" I added jokingly at his silence and flicked a finger from behind his ear and tapped it forward.

I know he hates that, but it's fun to see him respond to it.

"Ah, no I'm just confused that you're so easy-going with him... wait back then his parents ran the stable?" Padge asked in complete confusion and I smiled.

"Kobolds reach adulthood faster dummy, at his nine years of age he inherited the entire Drake Stable. But I believe he's your age now. Then again, I get why you're confused. Seeing him like that. He's a fun guy though." I said smiling and pulled Padge closer as I hugged him.

"Getting jealous?" I asked him teasingly and he shook his head before he gave a brief kiss on my lips.

"Let's get our own stuff at home ready. I have a few things to make before we leave... and I need to go by the shrine today." He said after and we began to walk back to Asgard.

As we got home Padge went and rushed into his workshop immediately. I heard him muttering rather loud throughout the house while I began to pack several of my good dresses and prepared a few sets of clothing for on the road.

Among things I prepared were my riding pants. A necessity since Padge and I will be mounted on Velcik drakes. The saddles protect your legs a bit, but you really don't want their rough scaled hide against anything other than hardened leather riding pants.

I had ridden a drake about two years ago for the last time.

Strange how Padge had told me that he originally thought riding a horse was fancy... but that was apparently something from his old world.

Since I always wanted to own my own Velcik drake, like he said people owned horses in his old world for luxury.

I took apart my three riding pants and lay them down next to each other.

After inspecting them, I decided to oil all three of their hardened leather leg guards to prepare them for the ride ahead and have the hole for my tails altered at a tailor tomorrow.

Having done that in the living room, I was glad I had opened the windows on both sides of the large room. The oil for this stinks horribly, but this has to happen. While I was at it, I also immediately oiled Padge's riding pants.

When that was finished, I continued to pack my three different brushes for my tails.

The one I use for my ears I kept in another small leather bag that I could hang from my belt.

A small coffer filled with my makeup for formal occasions went into the same suitcase and my dresses along with Padge's fancy clothes into another.

A final case was packed with both our traveling clothing. I had two corsets packed into that one, simply so I had a spare with me for easy access.

After that I went and cleaned the excess oil from our riding pants with a rag of cloth and stored two of Padge's in a leather bag that went into the travelling clothes case.

His other riding pants I left out to lie ready.

And with my three pairs of riding pants I went to my usual tailor again.

I just hope those two aren't going at it again...

[Padge's Perspective]

I had spent the entire day, since Alyssa and I had come home from our trip through town to hand out the instructions we needed to, working on three talismans I intended to use to protect Alyssa while we were away for this jackass Duke to listen to his complaints.