20

Taehyung stood there, his jaw slack and his mouth hanging wide open. The grocery bags that were hanging from his arms finally fell to the ground, their contents spilling all over the floor of the hallway.

"Still making a mess," Taehyung could barely register the soft boy, Jiminie?, whisper almost to himself. The other man, who was exactly how Taehyung would imagine Jungkook looking, was staring wide-eyed at Taehyung.

They both just knew.

"Oh, thanks Kookie," The small boy beamed, taking the Gameboy that was held limply at Jungkook's side. Jimin looked back and forth between Taehyung and Jungkook, his soft features scrunching in confusion.

"What's going on?" Jimin asked, his voice still light and dainty as ever. Was Taehyung even breathing? He didn't know at this point.

"Jimin-ah," Jungkook muttered, "This is... This is Taehyung, I think."

"I know! I just met him a second ago!" Jimin grinned, bouncing slightly on the balls of his feet. "Why didn't you tell me you had such a pretty neighbor?"

"I didn't... I didn't know he was so pretty," Jungkook almost whispered, his eyes never leaving Taehyung's.

Taehyung had forgotten how to speak. He literally could not figure out how to form words, how to shape his mouth into anything coherent. He felt like a fish out of water, his mouth agape and guppy eyes large. He could feel the slow pricks beginning to rise in his spine, like pins and needles dragging along his bones. His breath slowly began to pick up, his heart beating frantically against his ribcage. 

Oh no, oh no, oh no.

Now wasn't the time.