45

Taehyung,

Hey. Hi.

This is really awkward. I'm sure this is awkward for you, too, so I'll cut to the chase.

I'm sorry. I am so sorry for how this is going down. I didn't want it to be like this.

I know you're angry with the way I told you I loved you. Trust me, I wanted to do a grand gesture for you. You deserved one. But when I looked at you, I couldn't help it. It was like my body short-circuited and I just had to tell you. I know it wasn't what you wanted. Hell, I don't even know if you love me back. I'm- (there were harsh scribbles over words) so sorry, Taehyung.

I panicked. When Columbia called me and asked me to move out here, I just said yes. When they asked when I wanted to start, I said immediately. I couldn't help it. I've been waiting for this moment my entire life. You know that. And then when I thought about saying goodbye to you, I just... couldn't. The thought of seeing your face when I told you I was leaving broke my heart. I couldn't do it. I'm a coward, I know. Trust me, I know.

This is easier for us, don't you think? A quick break. It's less messy this way. That's better, right?

God, I hope I'm right.

I know we've only known each other for a few months, but I want you to know that I treasured every moment we spent together. I loved every note you left under my door. I loved hearing your laugh through the wall. I loved holding you.

I loved you, Taehyung. This (more scribbled words) hurts. And I'm so sorry if this hurts you, too.

I hope I see you again someday. Until then, I hope you get to hear my voice on the radio. Wouldn't that be something? From hearing me through the walls to hearing me through your car speakers. That'd be pretty cool, huh, Tae?

Until then.

Goodbye, Taehyung.

Jungkook, apartment 15.