8

Taehyung was currently on the brink of sleep, his eyelids heavy, his comforter engulfing his body. After such a long day at work, this felt like heaven. He had been dreaming of this moment since he woke up this morning.

Just when he was about to drift asleep, though, the voice of the boy next door flooded his dark room. His eyes shot open.

"And it's hard, the days just seem so dark. . ."

Taehyung's breath hitched in his throat.

"The moon, and the stars, are nothing without you. . ."

A smile slowly crept onto Taehyung's face when he realized what song he was singing.

"Can I lay by your side? Next to you. . ."

Taehyung pulled the duvet up to his face and hid his giant grin in the fabric.

"I'll take care of you. . ."

Taehyung mouthed the words along with the boy as he sang:

"And I don't want to be here if I can't be with you tonight."

that's one of my favorite songs. thank you for the lullaby.

p.s. can I lay by your side?

tae

Taehyung waited thirty minutes for a reply, but it didn't come. He finally gave up and went to bed, his fatigue getting the best of him.

When he woke in the morning, there was a white note in front of his door.

Mine, too.

P.S. I'll take care of you.

JK