"Dude? You need to work out your obsessions, maybe if you screwed a goat that'd help. I mean you and I certainly aren't working out."

At that the man got upset and gave a signal to his partner.

"My buddy here has been kind of bored lately and he's got a bone to pick with Zsasz. I'm gonna leave the two of you alone to get acquainted." Jackson walked out and for the first time Novella's eyes held fear. Full on fear of the man that was now approaching her with a sickening smile and an aluminum baseball bat.

•*•*•*•

Victor Zsasz was fuming. Never would anyone have guessed that they'd never seen the true extent of his anger until he walked into the GCPD looking for Jim Gordon.

The entire precinct fell into an awkward silence as he marched up to Gordon and looked him dead in the eye.

"Someone took Novie." His voice was steady, but his eyes gave away just how angry he was.

It took Jim exactly half a second to grab his gun and follow Victor out the door with Harvey hot on their tails.

"How do you know?" Jim asked once they were in Harvey's car.

"I got a text and a picture." It was the most vague explanation the two cops had ever heard, but was soon furthered by the phone he shoved in their face.

Warehouse by the pier at twelve or she dies.

The picture was a bloodied up Novella taped to a chair. Her arms had visible bruising and her nose was spilling blood. It didn't show from her stomach down but they were sure there'd be even more blood and bruising.

"Who did this?" It was Harvey's gruff voice that broke the silence. Novella being one of few people he cared for in Gotham, he didn't like seeing her hurt.

"Could be anyone. We'll find out when we get there and then I'll put a bullet in them." Victor's glare was ice cold as he spoke of the life's he would take.

"No we are not killing them. We're cops and we'll take whoever is there to prison." Jim looked back at Victor who just gave the man an innocent smile.

"Either way they're dead. I've got contacts." Jim didn't further the topic anymore, just wanting to get everything over with.

•*•*•*•

Whoever was under the mask wasn't going easy on Novella. Every hit from the bat was excruciating. At some point she'd felt her leg crack and had let out a scream, that only spurred the man on. By what seemed to be the end she'd acquired a bloody nose, multiple bruises, a broken leg, and no telling how much internal damage. The only thing keeping her from falling over was that she was taped to the chair.

"Smile for the camera," Jackson said once he'd walked in again. She'd just glared at the small phone with enough hatred to send shivers down anyone's spine, but the man had just laughed. "You're new little hitman is just gonna die seeing you like this!"

"You better kill me, because if you don't I'll gut you and feed your insides to your little friend." She jerked her head at the man who'd inflicted all her pain, but he just laughed.

Any threat that might've been made was immediately discredited by the hacking that came from her. The floor was soon covered in a dark sort of vomit that clearly let everyone know something was wrong.

"Looks like you're already dead." She looked up to the masked man, despite the pain in her abdomen that was bringing her to tears and the throbbing of her surely broken leg, and gave him the deadliest glare she could muster.

"You better hope she's not." The cool voice of the one man that could turn Novella inside out called to the two men in front of her.

Victor walked into the warehouse with his hands behind his back, silent as death. His expression was one of absolute confusion at the two men before him.

"Who are you two?" He walked up to the two so that they were all face to face. He still hadn't looked at Novie.

"It's none of you're concern." Jackson's pompous voice filled the room and immediately sent chills down Novie's back, she hated that voice. "Now, you're gonna give me all the weapons you've got or my friend is gonna slit her throat."

"Yeah see, that doesn't really work for me. How about I just kill you?" He pulled out his guns and aimed them straight at the two men.

"Zsasz, we talked about this! Prison, we're taking them to prison," Jim called out once he'd walked in with Harvey.

"Sorry we're late, Victor insisted on jumping out of the car as soon as he saw the warehouse," Harvey said to the room.

"These ain't the usual Gotham goons..." he mumbled to Jim who just nodded. "And that ones wearing a mask."

"Can you all pay attention!" Jackson yelled out. "I'm trying to make threats."

"Oh yes please do continue." Victor said, finally making eye contact with Novella. Her entire appearance was shell shocking. From the bloodied face and clothes, to the bruising, to her leg which was bent at such an awkward angle.

"What'd you do to her?" Victor asked the man who now held a shiny blade to Novie's throat.

"We just had fun. Isn't that right Novie?" The masked man asked her as he pressed the metal further into the girl's throat.

"Sure. About as much fun as you're gonna have when I'm cutting off your balls." She choked out. The man didn't even flinch.

It was her voice that spurred Victor into action. He lunged at Jackson and shot at him repeatedly, making contact all through his stomach. Sure he could've went for an absolute kill shot, but this man had hurt his Novie.

When he was satisfied with his work on the now half dead man he turned to the masked torturer.

"You gonna make it hard on yourself?" The man spooked and ran off.

"Jim, go after him. I'll get Novie." The cop listened to Harvey and took off after the runner.

"I-I knew," Novie coughed up a little blood, immediately drawing the attention of Victor and Harvey.

"What Novie? What'd ya know?" Victor asked as he knelt down to cut the tape that was binding her.

"I knew only-only cowards wore masks." She gave him a soft smile. "I'm sorry Vic."

"Why are you sorry?" He asked her with the most confused expression.

"Well, it's just-just I've missed you and-and I never got to tell you-" she was cut off once more by the coughing. Distantly Victor could head Harvey talking to 911.

"What?" He'd gotten her free from the chair and had her now supported in his arms.

"I never got to tell you that I-I love you." She looked up to him and he knew this was her saying goodbye.

"Look, don't do all that-" her coughing cut him off and then he saw her beautiful blue eyes roll to the back of her head.

•*•*•*•