Chapter Nine

Author's Note: 21/06/14 - 23/06/14
23/06/14: Yay! Finished this chapter today! Sorry I didn't update much yesterday. I had a writer's block.
~~~~~~~~~

"Jeez, (Y/N), no need to yell. Not like this is the first time I've slept here. I just got tired of waiting for you...so...I fell asleep..." Natsu muttered, his eyes half-lidded.
"Wait...if you're here then...WHERE'S CAROLINE?!?!"
"She's with...Happy...Wendy...and Car..la," Natsu said sleepily. Then he face-pillowed (A/N: Hehehe...face-pillowed. Is that even a thing?) I sighed, then covered Natsu with my blankie. A shriek came from the other room. 'LUCY!!' I ran to where the shriek came from. Lu-chan was wearing a towel wrapped around her body. She was holding it up with one hand and in her other hand she was holding a rolled up newspaper. She was swatting a flying blue blob. 'Waiitt...a flying blue blob...blue...flying...' I went wide-eyed "Happy!" I yelled. He immediately stopped, then flew behind me. "Mommy, Lushy's scaring me," he whined. 
"Who the heck you calling 'Mommy'?!" I yelled. (A/N: I shall explain later why Happy calls you 'Mommy'.)
"Daddy!" Happy whined and flew into my room.
Lucy was going to stomp after him, but I stopped her. "Calm down, Lu-chan. Explain what happened."
"That annoying cat freaking burst through the door while I was gonna take a bath!" 
"...You don't lock the doors?"
Her face turned red, "I-I was go-going to!" 
"What if a pedo came in?! You're such a hypocrite! You always told me to lock the door!"
"I for-g-got this ti-time."
"How could you forget?!"
"We-Well...I really wa-wanted to take a bath a-and I was in a rush...so...I forgot to l-lock the door..."
"Wow, Lu-chan...you're reaaallllyy smart," I said sarcastically, "Now, you go take a bath and DON'T FORGET TO LOCK THE DOOR, while I got look for Happy and question him."
"Thanks, (Y/N), you're a lifesaver," Lucy said then went into the bathroom. I went up to the door and heard a click. "Good girl, Lu-chan!" I screamed from my side of the door, "I heard the click!"
"Okay! Leave now!"
"Byeee!" I yelled and walked to my room.

I pulled the covers off my bed. Natsu groaned, "I still wanna sleep.."
I sat on his back, "Get up Mr. Cotton Candy."
"Why are you calling, Daddy, Mr. Cotton Candy?" Happy asked from beside me.
"Why are you calling, Mr. Cotton Candy, Daddy?" I asked, "Actually....I have a bunch of questions for you. What did you do to Lucy? Why are you calling Natsu...Daddy...and why are you calling me Mo-" I stopped mid-sentence and went wide-eyed. I blushed and scootched away from Natsu. "No, no, no, no, no! Never! LIES!" 'You're the one that's lying,' a voice in my head whispered. 'Shut it you!' I replied.
"Where's Caroline anyway, Happy? Natsu said she was with you, Wendy and Caarrlllaaa~!" I teased. Happy's face/fur went pink. "S-Stop it!" he yelled.
"Stop what?" I acted innocently.
"You k-know what!"
"Nope," I said, popping the 'p', "I donut know what." (A/N: I say donut instead of do not sometimes, so donut make fun of meh! I have a lot of words I say wrong.) 
"Yes you do!"
"No I don't!"
"Yes!"
"No!"
Then Happy and I got into an argument. "Will you people please shush! I'm trying to sleep here!" Natsu screamed. The whole room went silent. "Sorry," Happy and I muttered. Natsu sighed then went back to sleep. "You know, a mother shouldn't yell at her child," Happy said.
I glared at him, "Answer my questions. NOW." Happy squealed and hid behind my chair, that was beside my desk. "Well...you and Natsu are perfect for each other a-and everyone thinks that you two should get married. And since Natsu raised me, he's sorta my Dad. So if you two get married, you'll be my Mommy. I'm trying to get used to calling you Mommy so yeah..." Happy answered, "Oh. And Caroline is with Wendy and C-Carla at the shopping mall. Caroline has old dirty clothes so Wendy is taking her shopping."
"Thanks, Happy." I smiled, "Sorry if I teased you. You can come out now, I'm not mad anymore."
Happy shakily came out. As soon as he did, I scooped him up into my arms and started patting his head and hugging him. "Thank you so much, Happy. I was starting to get worried about Caroline." I placed Happy onto of my head and started walking to the kitchen. I got out a sticky note and a turquoise pen. Then I started writing.

Hey, Lu-chan or Natsu!
If you're wondering where Happy and I are, we're at or will be at the mall.
Bye!
~(Y/N)

Once I was done, I walked out of the door and closed it behind me. I walked to the mall, Happy still on top of my head. I looked around the children's stores. There were about 19+ children's stores. On the ninth store I walked into, I couldn't see them. But I did see a pregnant lady trying to reach something that was too high for her. The shopkeeper was busy helping another person, so I decided to help. "Why are we going to the lady?" Happy asked.
"Because she needs help, can't you see?"
"Oh."

I approached the lady, who was in a lavender dress with floral patterns. She looked to be either in her late 20's or early 30's. She had brown hair that was tied up in a messy bun. "Do you need any help, miss?" I asked politely.
"Oh! Yes please!"
I went onto my tippy-toes and reached for the piece of fabric. I failed and asked Happy to do it for me. 'Stupid shortness!' He flew and grabbed the fabric. He placed it on my palm. Then I handed it to the lady. "Thank you! Thank you so much! I've been here for about 3 minutes, I don't know what I'd do without you!" she cheered, taking the fabric. I smiled at her, "Your welcome. You should thank Happy though."
"Thank you Happy," she said, "He's an ex...ceed..right?"
"Bingo!"
She smiled and nodded. Then she unfolded the fabric to reveal a yellow sleeveless dress. The dress was like a toddler size. It had pink, orange and purple flowers on it with a bee on top of the pink flower. "That's cute," I commented. She smiled at me, "Thanks. It's for my 4 year old daughter. She's outside with her father."
"Oh," I said, "Do you mind if I ask what gender your baby will be?"
"Well, my baby will be a boy. He's due in three months!"
"Oh! Congratulations!"
"Thanks... um.."
"(Y/N)"
"Thanks, (Y/N). I'm Akemi." (A/N: Akemi in Japanese means bright beauty)
"Psst! (Y/N), I saw Caroline and Wendy pass the shop," Happy whispered in my ear.
"EEK!" I squealed. "Stop it Happy! You know how ticklish I can be!"
"Oops. Accident."
I turned my head towards Akemi and said, "I'll see you around, Miss Akemi."
"You too, (Y/N)"
Then we walked out of the shop.