Chapter Seven

Author's Note: 19/06/14-20/06/14

19/06/14: Nighty-Night~! I shall finish this chapter probably by tomorrow. Byee~!
20/06/14: Caroline is aged 6-7. And her looks are different. (pic)
~~~~~~~~

-Natsu's P.O.V-

As I was thinking, a bad thought went into my mind. I growled. I grabbed the empty beer bottle beside me and picked it up. The wall I was leaning on opened up. "Whoa!" I  shouted, surprised. The lights were already on, yet the room was still a bit dark. I made my arms flame up. I took a look around, never letting my guard down. A girl came running out of the hallway, her face tear-stained. She ran into me - probably because her eyes were closed. I kneeled down beside her. She hugged me tightly. "A-Are y-you fr-from F-Fairy T-Tail?" she asked me, sobbing. I patted her back and said yes. "P-Please he-help (Y-Y/N)-chan! Sh-She's fi-fighting m-my fath-ther!"
"What?!"
She explained to me everything that happened and stuff about her father and his job. I quickly stood up. "Stay here, alright? Hide somewhere if you can. I'll help (Y/N)-chan." 
She nodded and ran to a dark corner of the room.

I quickly ran to the entrance of the dim hallway. Then I heard a high pitched shriek. I growled. 'What did that bastard do to her?!' I yelled in my mind. I ran as fast as I could and I got to a metal cage in less than 10 seconds. A man was kneeling on her back. "Get off her, you a**hole! Come pick on someone your own size and gender!" He got of (Y/N)'s spine but slapped her face once he got off. I gritted my teeth. "Am I hurting your girlfriend?" he said in a mocking tune. I didn't reply. He grabbed (Y/N) by her (H/C) hair and forced her to stand up. I growled and took a step forward. He grabbed a knife from behind him and placed it on her neck. "One more step and pretty girly here gets her throat slit!" I tried really hard to keep myself from punching the man in the face. He tugged on (Y/N)'s hair again, but harder this time. She yelped in pain. I stayed in my spot, resisting the urge to charge at him. I looked at (Y/N) and her eyes held terror. Then I noticed a trickle of blood coming from her neck. I gritted my teeth once again.

-Your P.O.V-

'I feel so useless!' I screamed in my head, 'Do something (Y/N)!' An idea popped into my head. I quickly elbowed Caroline's father in his stomach. He groaned and let go of me, then he held his stomach. Once I got free, I kicked his face and he flew backwards into the concrete wall. His butt made a dent. I tried to run to Natsu, but I collapsed on the ground. Natsu ran up to me and helped me up. He held onto my waist and I was leaning on him while holding my burning stomach. "N-Natsu!" I yelled happily, hugging him. He returned the hug. "H-He hi-hit me wi-with a P-Poi-s-son Fl-Flame!" I yelled angrily. I took a stance but Natsu pushed me behind him. "Go! Get the little girl and run to the guild." he instructed me.
"Bu-Bu-But, what abou-"
"Go!"
I sighed at Natsu's stubbornness. I hugged him and gave him a peck on the cheek. "Be careful and come back, okay?" I whispered.
"Hai!"
"Promise?"
"Promise."

I fast walked out of the cellar and walked through the hallway to the lounge. "Caroline?! Caroline where are you?!" I screamed.
"I-Is it s-safe?" she asked from somewhere in the shadows.
"We gotta get out of here. C'mon," I said, extending my hand.
"Wh-What ab-about your b-boy-fr-friend?" she asked, coming out of the shadows and taking a hold of my hand.
I chuckled even though it hurt. "Don't worry, Natsu is really strong and brave. Plus, he isn't my boyfriend. We've been best friends since we were young." I explained. She nodded.

We were at the brick wall entrance. I heard yelling, shouting, screaming and stuff breaking. I held tighter onto Caroline's hand. I picked her up and walked into the alleyway then into the street. A huge boom was heard and everyone dropped to the floor. I covered Caroline with my body. Smoke came out of the brick wall entrance. A shadow was seen through the smoke, but I couldn't figure out who it was. I got up into a fighting stance and pulled Caroline's arm so she would go behind me. Then I saw a scarf. I ran as fast as I could, even with my injury. "Natsu!" I cheered and jumped on him. I tackled him into a hug and he dropped something that he was dragging. I clung to his neck. "I was really worried," I said.
"I promised you that I'd come back. You know I like to keep my promise, especially if the promise was made with you!"
"Aww, that's a really sweet thing to say~!" I smiled and pecked his cheek. Natsu's cheeks turned a bit red.
"What were you dragging?" I questioned.
"The man I beat to a pulp because he lay a finger on you." 
I giggled and sat up. Caroline came up to us. "Th-Thank y-you Na-Natsu-k-kun," Caroline said shyly.
"Your welcome!!" Natsu said and did a closed eye smile.
I hugged him again. I opened up one arm, "Wanna join us, Caroline?"
"R-Really?"
"Of course!"
Caroline joined the hug and tears flowed down her cheeks. "Eh?! I'm so sorry I made you cry! Please stop! I don't like it when people cry!"
"Th-They're ha-happy te-tear-tears."

Soon we stopped the hug and we walked to Fairy Tail. I held Caroline's hand in my left hand and I held Natsu's hand in my right hand. Natsu had Caroline's father on his shoulders. Caroline's father was knocked out with air handcuffs that I made. The handcuffs won't break no matter how hard you try. And only the creator or someone who has wind magic can unlock it.

We made it back to the guild. Everyone cheered at our return. I smiled and waved at people. "Can I explain everything later?" I asked the whole guild, "I'm really tired. And I have a stomach - ow - wound. It's p-poison fla-" I couldn't even finish my sentence because my legs felt like jelly and I face-planted. I lay on the floor, slowly passing out.

(A/N: XD almost all my chapters end with you passing out, blacking out or losing consciousness. Sorry about that.)