七.

↬part 3 : Calamity

~⚘~

"No."

"Yes."

"NO!"

"I don't care. You are coming with me."

Despite Baekhyun's protests, Chanyeol was forcing him to go out to have fun and totally lose himself in a night club. The older boy was just about to go sleep when Chanyeol flew in like a hurricane, saying they're going out—and that it's not a proposal because he doesn't have any other option.

Baekhyun disagreed immediately.

For the past days, Chanyeol has tried everything. He made him a profile on Tinder, he found some girls from their school and even tried to hook Baekhyun up with Sehun's cousin, with a little help from Suho. But it didn't work as the older simply refused all of it. Chanyeol just wanted the older to be happy—he wasn't even sure know why. Baekhyun's happiness and good mood made him happy too.

Baekhyun often complained about him doing great while being single but the younger knew he wasn't. In fact, the others could see through him easily too. It wasn't just that Baekhyun now basically despised everything smelling of romance, from lovely books to too-cute kdramas that made him almost gag every time he saw one, but also the way he acted around other sweet couples gave it away. Whether he was glaring or envying them—he was pretty obvious. To make things worse, Christmas was just around a corner and everything screamed romance.

And the reason why the situation could be considered to have gotten even worse was when the older started turning their questions and worries down completely and shifted the attention onto Chanyeol who should, according to Baekhyun, found somebody too.

His roommate, however, always responded with "I'm your friend and I want to help you."

It's been a month after his breakdown and the more Chanyeol said that, the more Baekhyun felt something off in his words. As if he was getting tired of it, as if he didn't want to help anymore.

Baekhyun got suddenly scared that he would eventually give up and that's why that night he, in the end, agreed.

「 ❦ 」

Loud electro music was blasting from big speakers around the filled room with DJ shouting random phrases in the stuffed air to keep the dancing atmosphere going. The people were either singing along or talking loudly which caused problems to understand even the person standing close by.

Chanyeol was trying to make his way through the crowd of sweaty and drunk people who were dancing as if there was no tomorrow, scared Baekhyun following him like a puppy. Chanyeol linked their hands just in case because the boy was small and most likely to get lost.

Baekhyun squeezed his roommate's hand a bit to get his attention. "Chanyeol, I don't like this at all." He shouted whereupon the said boy looked in his direction. He waved with his free hand.

"Don't worry—and loosen up a bit. If you feel uncomfortable even after an hour, we'll go home." Chanyeol promised.

Baekhyun eventually agreed. His heart was beating fast from being nervous but also deep inside excited. The feeling of trying something new sent shivers down his spine, his skin thrilling in sensation.

Besides, he trusted Chanyeol.

After five minutes or so the two of them were already sitting behind the bar, Chanyeol ordering their drinks as he had a little knowledge in it. The waiter didn't even ask for their identification cards which seemed a bit disturbing to Baekhyun. Yes, he was twenty-two already, but as if they didn't care if they are giving the drink to an adult or child. And that was in his eyes wrong.

Baekhyun looked over his roommate who was scanning the crowd till their eyes meet. Chanyeol kept his eyes on him, leaving the boy wondering if there was something on his face. This night he especially tried to look good, showing up in a coal-black shirt with purple-metallic reflections tucked in casual black jeans and washed off blue-jean jacket on top. His now dyed dark hair with lots of white and grey strands was shining in the neon lights, messily parted in the middle and revealing his perfect forehead to the world. Baekhyun even went as far as putting a light make up on, a drop of shadows in the corner of his eyes and a regular lip balm that made his lips pop.

The boy raised his eyebrow, secretly asking if there was perhaps something wrong but Chanyeol only shook his head and gave him his big shiny smile. He then turned to the bartender who was already putting glasses of an unknown liquid in front of them. Baekhyun gulped nervously.

"You have to swallow it quickly so the horrible taste won't bother you that much," Chanyeol explained as he raised his hand with his own glass and drank it down in second. His face shrank a bit but he smiled afterwards, motioning it was Baekhyun's turn.

The boy still wasn't sure if it was a good idea—but his fingers yet reached for the drink, shaking from the excitement. Like a beast, he eyed it like its prey, and in a blink of an eye he washed off the drought that has been torturing his throat for a while.

His gaze met Chanyeol's, who was watching him carefully, and he giggled.