Crossing paths [Angsty]

genre: Chanyeol Angst
type: drabble/scenario
characters: Chanyeol, reader
Do not copy without permission or use in any way, this is my work. Don't steal.
Hope you like this, Ara~

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are you going to wait for me? I remember saying those words as the first snow started to fall.
Always, Chanyeol. Always. There was no hesitation in her eyes, not a single doubt.
Little we knew that life had other plans for us, it wasn't going to be perfect. Not as we wanted it to be. Maybe, life had chosen our paths wrongly and for that reason we had crossed. But at the end, it had corrected its way, and we were drifted apart, the more our love grew.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had never loved a girl the way I loved Y/N. No one smiled the way she did, no one managed to make my smile look short. It was impossible for others to make me feel the way she did. Alive. I remember the first time I saw her, I knew that day that I had met an angel. An angel that was never meant to be with me. But against all odds, she stood by my side making my skin shudder with her every breath, making a hurricane in my stomach every time I saw her cry and making my heart beat almost faster than the speed of light when her lips touched mine.

"You've been staring in this direction for quite a long time" Those were the first words she told me. The way she spoke to me, it was as if I was the only person standing in that room. The light in her eyes made me feel like I was standing in front of the only star in the universe.
"I can't help it" I shook my head, scratching the back of it in embarrassment. "You are truly beautiful"
"And you sir"
She poked my chest playfully. "are quite honest."
That was all I need to fall deeply in love with her. I asked her to be my girlfriend a month later, and two months after that we were already exchanging I love you's. I was living my own dream and she was living hers. We were madly in love.
And that was probably the problem.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Good things never last, right?" She said with a smile on her lips, although I could see the tears forming in her eyes.
"I don't think I can do this Y/N, I can't spend my life without you" I tried to be strong like her, but I couldn't. The love of my life was slipping through my fingers just like water and there was nothing I could do to stop her.
"Park Chanyeol, don't back off now! You already broke my heart once, I don't think I can take it a second time"
"I know... I know my love, I know" I pulled her gently into my arms and kissed her forehead. "Do you regret it?"
"Regret what?"
"Waiting for me?"
"Never. It was all worth it, every bit of it, every step, every decision, every kiss..."
She looked up as the words left her mouth, kissing my chin just like I adored. "And you? Do you regret us?"
"The only thing I regret is not being there for you. Is making you wait. Not being worthy of you"
"You are more than worthy Chanyeol, you are the love of my life"
"Then why are we breaking up? Why are we drifting apart?"
"Because we thought we were ready for this but no. We can't give each other what we want, not now. But I believe in the day when we can, when the wait is over"
"We are supposed to break up because the love is over not because it's growing" I tried hard for her to not notice how difficult it was for me to swallow my tears. How difficult it was for me to hold her there, in the first snow. Just like that day.
"I love you Park Chanyeol, I love you with all my heart"
"Y/N, promise me something"
I held her tighter, held her with my heart.
"Hmm? What?"
"That you won't forget that this time I'll be the one waiting, waiting for you. That I'll wait for you my whole life if necessary. Because I love you too, with all my heart and soul"

 Because I love you too, with all my heart and soul"