You and me

genre: Chanyeol Fluff
type: drabble/scenario
characters: Chanyeol, reader
Sorry it's not my finest work. I was inspired until the mosquitoes started to eat me alive D:
Do not re-post without permission or use in any way, this is my work.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Working in the same company didn't mean we got time to spend together, didn't mean we knew each other well and definitely didn't mean we were close to other groups. That was what I had expected when I was recruited, when I was chosen among the thousand of girls that had auditioned, when I debuted.

We were close to some, yes. But not all of the groups there, basically the "newest" groups were our mentors as the older ones were their mentors. So to say I knew EXO was probably not really the way people thought. I knew them, I saw them quite often practicing. They would say hello to us if we crossed ways, but we weren't friends. It felt like we were freshman and they were seniors.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The news had spread fast, that we were going to participate in the upcoming SM Town. No one expected one this fast and we were definitely not prepared for it. Other might have had experience to help them, but we were new, we were adapting. So we trained, practiced so hard we could barely wake up the next day. But neither of us gave up. We wanted to be seen, we didn't want to be the shadow of the stage. Me might not be at the same level than EXO and the others, but we would definitely show why we were a next SM group, why we were there.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was practicing alone the first time I noticed he was watching me. It caught me by surprise. I had heard rumors of ghosts in the practicing rooms and since it was already later, when I saw his face through the mirror's reflection, I screamed.
And fell.
It could have costed me my ankle.
"Are you okay????" Chanyeol extended his hand to me with worry in his face.
"Oh... yeah" I could only feel the blood rising to my face; the heat of the room (or probably just mine) increasing.
"Are you sure? Your ankle... Let me carry you...
"-No!" Probably that came too loud because his eyes opened wide. "I mean.... I'm okay, thank you ... oppa" I took his hand as he helped me stand up. I tried not to look at him but even after I had stood up, he was still holding my hand.
"I've seen you train... everyday. Are you resting well?" I nodded, not sure what else to say. "Why are you training this much? Even much more than the others?"
It took me a while to reply, I could only stare at our hands. "I guess... I don't want to mess up in the SM Town..."
"Mhm... well I don't think you will. Any of you but specially you"
"OH?" That surprised me, surprised me enough to make me look directly into his eyes. Big mistake.
"You are talented already and with the way you train... but if you want some help... I could try..."
"Would you... really?"
"Yes, I would love to" There it was, that big smile didn't let me sleep at nights. His cheeks slowly turned red, as well as his ears. I was falling for him, rapidly.
"But why? you... we don't really... Do you even know my name? ...Oppa?"
That must have been very funny because he laughed, the way he always does. But in one second he went all serious and said. "Of course I do. We all do. But you know.. it's hard, getting close to a group of girls... we might be EXO but.. we are still boys"
I blushed again, he smiled. He still held my hand, but this time he squeezed it gently.
"To be honest... I've been trying to find an excuse to talk to you" I went still, was I hearing right? I wasn't sure anymore, his hand was taking all my attention. I just begged I wasn't sweaty. "Don't look so surprised... I know you watch... but you know what? I watch you too. Since the first day you arrived... So.. will you let me train with you?"
"Only if you promise you won't leave me alone in the concert"
With a smile in his lips, he kissed my cheek. "Deal, from now on, we are a team. You and me"

 You and me"