We could be stars [Angsty]

Missing pictures, new picture frames, cigarettes all over the floor, empty bed, broken windows, no mirrors. One beating heart, one broken soul.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How could someone survive the lost of the person they hold most dear? Is it even possible? Chanyeol always asked himself as he sat on the dock, feet barely touching the surface of the water. Everybody knew that was the place where he always went to to think, to take things off his mind, to miss you.
"Are you smiling? Are you happy wherever you are?" He would often say as the sun hid under the sea, the last rays of light painting the sky red, slowly turning into purple and dark blue, slowly taking all the noise leaving the night full in silence. "Do you miss me like I do? Are you watching me the way I'm watching the stars appearing in the sky?"

But how could he know, if he barely knew you were gone. He had never loved someone the way he loved you. But now it was all silence, there was an empty spot on his bed, cold and empty, just like how he felt every night. There was no light in his room, nothing felt the same, it wasn't his home anymore. It wasn't warm anymore. "She is not here... Y/N was the one who gave light to everything in this house, she was the light in my life". But that light had turned off the day he received the call, the call that told him you were forever gone, that you weren't coming back home after work. That he wouldn't see your smile ever again. It should have been me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Do you ever think of the stars?" You said in his memory. The most precious memory he could have, yet couldn't save in one of those empty picture frames that laid on the floor next to the cracked mirrors.
"Why would I think of the stars? I just watch them" Chanyeol smiled, wrapping his arm around your waist, pulling you closer to his body.
"I do. I think of how lonely they are up there. They shine for us, but who sines for them?" You looked quite troubled, as if you felt sorry for them, as if you felt their loneliness.
"Maybe they shine for themselves" Chanyeol poked your forehead. "Or maybe they shine fore each other" As he kissed your forehead, the memory started to vanish bringing Chanyeol back to reality. To the reality where you didn't lay next to him anymore in that old deck, where you two usually went to just 'think about life'.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tears fell down Chan's cheeks, he could barely see the little dots shining above him in the dark blanket called night. "Do you know Y/N? That I'll love you forever? That I'm going to love you with my life until the last day of my days?" He sobbed, almost forgetting he held a white envelope in his hands. Almost forgetting he found the letter at the bottom of one of your drawers. Almost forgetting to read, the only thing that could possibly bring him back to life.

Do you remember Chan? Thank night when we talked about stars? You said they possibly shined for each other, that way they wouldn't be so lonely. I thought that maybe they aren't that lonely, that maybe they shine so beautifully because they are all those lovers that promised to love each other in life and death. Maybe they were given a second chance, don't you think?
It might be silly of me to write you this letter, I don't even know when I'm planning to give it to you, but probably will one day, one special day when I give my heart completely to you, when my soul finally becomes one with yours just like the pieces of a puzzle fit together perfectly. It might be in the day of our wedding, or tomorrow or the day I leave this planet. I hope that the day you read this you remember that chilly night, how your arm was wrapped around me and I rested my head on your shoulders. I hope you remember how you told me 'I love you' for the first time that night and how I said it back.
I hope you remember Chan, that we promised to fight and live for each other, so that we are given a second chance.
Remember Chan that we promised to never give up so that we could be stars.
I love you, yours forever...