Chapter 35

Heather finshed doing my eyeshadow just when Heathers doorbell wrang, signifying that Luke, Ashton, Jack and his date were all here.

“Your boyfriend has impeciable timing,” Heather said, winking at me.

I stood from her bed, shakily ruuning my hands over my dress, smoothing it over my legs.

“Zoey Banks, are you nervouse?” Heather asked, sounding shocked.

“A little,” I said, tugging on the loose braid my hair was in.

“Well don’t be, you look flawless,” she said, grabbing my hand and pulling me out of the room. 

I walked down the stairs and locked eyes with Luke, whos smile expanded when he saw me. I walked down and met with him, leaning in and kissing him quickly on the lips.

“Z-Zoey, oh my god you look perfect. I mean not that you don’t always look perfect but you look really perfect right now,” he said, running a hand nervously though his hair.

“Thanks, you don’t look so bad yourself,” I said, blushing deeply.

I wasn’t kidding, I had never seen Luke look better then him standing there in his tux.

“Oh here, this is for you,” Luke said, pulling out a corsage of white flowers.

“Why how romantic, and they say chiverly is dead,” I said, smiling at him as he slipped the coursage on my wrist. 

“Should we go?” Heather asked, her arm looped with Ashtons.

“The limo’s out side,” Luke said, pulling me out the front door.

“Wait you got a limo, how fancy,” I said, faking a really bad British accent.

“Only the best for you,” Luke laughed.

We entered the limo and all sat in the back, the air filled with excitement.

“We got a little something to celebrate as well,” Jack said, pulling out a bottle of champagne and small plasic cups.

He poored us all some of the bubbly drink and we raised our glasses in a circle.

“To senior year,” Jack said.

“To senior year!” we all responded, taking large sips of the champagne.

☆ ☆ ☆

I walked into the gym hand in hand with Luke, taking in the decorations. The prom comitte decided that this year should be Great Gatsby theamed, and the entire gym was decked out in various 20’s parifanialia. The only thing that detracted from the general aura of the roaring twenties was the loud rap music blaring from the speakers. 

I noticed the photobooth in the corner and dragged Luke behind me, pushing through the crowds of swaying bodies.

“I want us to take obnoxious couple pictures,” I giggled, pulling him into the booth.

“Alright, but I'm not leaving until we do the classic cheesy prom pose,” Luke giggled, standing behind me.

I laughed as Luke wrapped his arms around my waist and I placed my hands on his, both of us looking at the camera and giving our cheesiest grin. Once that picture was taken, we had three seconds in between each photo, where we just did silly poses. We were on the fourth and final picture where Luke quickly turned his face to me, and he gave me a big kiss right when the flash went off. 

“Cheeky,” I laughed, slapping his arm lightly and we stepped out of the booth. 

We printed two copies, one for each of us, and I slipped them both in my purse. I then heard the familiar guitar chords of Check Yes Juliet and both mine and Lukes faces lit up with excitement. We ran over to the dance floor and held both of each others hands, moving our arms together like wet noodles. We probably looked ridiculous but we didn’t care, especially when the song reached the chorus and we both screamed at the top of our lungs “RUN BABY RUN, DON’T EVER LOOK BACK. THEY’LL TEAR US APART IF THEY GIVE US A CHANCE!”

When the song ended, Luke and I breathlessly left the dancefloor, going over to grab some punch.

“Is it weird that I only thought proms had communal punch bowls in movies and tv shows?” Luke laughed, ladling some punch for himself.

“Okay my work here is done, Lucas Hemmings has mentioned movies in really life. That’s it I’ve succeed my life mission, I can die happy now” I said, laughing.

“You’re an idiot,” Luke laughed, wrapping and arm around my waist.

“And you're very rude,” I said, making a fake baby voice.

Luke and I spent the next hour and a half dancing with our friends and taking various embarrassing photos. 

At last, the DJ announced that he would be playing one last song. The opening tune to Video Games by Lana Del Rey played, and I felt Luke tapp on my shoulder.

“May I have this dance Zoey Banks?” Luke asked, stretching his arm out to me.

“You may Lucas Hemmings,” I said, smiling as I grabbed his hand. 

We walked onto the dancefloor, where Luke wrapped his arms around my waist loosly. I hung my arms around Lukes neck and placed my head on his shoulder, our bodies swaying to the music. 

“It’s you, it’s you, it’s you, every little thing that I do. I tell you all the time, heaven is a place on earth with you,” Luke sang sofly in my ear, causing me to raise my head.

I looked into Lukes eyes as I placed one hand on the back of Lukes neck, pulling him towards me. Our lips met and we melted into eachother, every muscle in our bodies relaxing. In that moment, we didn’t even notice that we were in a room full of other people, we were just full of eachother. The song ended, and Luke and I pulled away.

“I never want this night to end,” I said, placing my head on Lukes shoulder as we walked out of the gym.

“Good,” he said. “Because I have a surprise planned,” he said, grinning at me. 

a.n///

GUYS MY COMPUTER FINALLY GOT FIXED THANK YOU JESUS. anyways, i had finished writing the story but all the rest got deleted so updates may be a little slow... so sorry that i didnt get to update for so long i kind of cried when my computer crashed.

love you all, and vote and comment to welcome me back to the internet!