Chapter 21

“So you’re leaving for vacation tomorrow?” Luke said, leaning his head on his hand.

“Yep,” I said rolling over onto my back on Luke’s bed.

“I’m might even miss you,” Luke said, shuffling over to me, and positioning himself above me.

“You might?” I said with a smirk.

“Yeah, I might, just a tiny bit though,” Luke said, leaning down and attaching his lips to my neck.

“Well I might miss you too,” I whispered.

“Uh huh,” Luke mumbled against my neck.

Luke’s dad knocked on the door, and Luke pulled away from me.

“Come in,” Luke said as we sat up from the bed and I adjusted my shirt.

“Hey Zoey, are you going to stay for dinner?” Luke’s dad asked, awkwardly shifting on his feet.

“No I should actually get going,” I said, standing from Luke’s bed and turning to him.

“I’ll take you home,” Luke said standing from the bed and grabbing my hand.

We got into his car, and twenty minutes later we arrived at my house.

“So I’ll see you on New Years Eve?” Luke asked.

“See you on New Years Eve,” I said, smiling at him.

“I’ll miss you,” he said, leaning in close.

“You’ve said that already,” I whispered.

“I know,” he smirked, leaning in and placing his warm lips on mine.

“Ok now I should really go,” I said with a smile, pulling away slightly.

“Fine,” Luke pouted.

I leaned in and quickly pecked him on the lips, then opened the door to his car. I walked up to my front door, pulling my coat tighter around me. As I opened the door, I turned back to Luke and waved. Luke smiled at me and waved back as he pulled out of my driveway.

☆☆☆

Vacation was hell. I met up with my dad in New York, where all we did was college tour. I was exhausted of being asked ‘What are you going to do with your life?’. I didn’t have an answer, and it got to the point where I was calling Luke practically every night in tears. He would stay up for hours, talking to me on the phone while I sobbed. My dad was just clueless, always telling me to pull my self together. I’m just so glad that I was on my way home, because I couldn’t deal with any more questions.

Our plane landed and we quickly passed through passport control and picked up our bags. We jumped into the taxi and I turned on my phone, texting Luke letting him know that I had landed. I lay my head on the window and stretched my legs over Holden’s lap. No more then a few minutes after I tried to sleep, I was awoken by my phone ringing.

“Hello!” I said into the phone, expecting it to be Luke.

“Jesus Zoey, did you like drop off the face of the Earth?” Heather shrieked into the phone.

“What?” I said, shaking my head in an attempt to get my self to pay attention.

“Never mind… Are you and Luke coming to the party at Jack’s tonight?” Heather asked.

“I don’t know Heather, I’m not really in the mood,” I said.

“Come on Zoey, you need to live a little,” Heather said laughing.