Chapter 8

I woke up to bright light streaming in from the open curtains, illuminating Luke and me. Luke rolled over and smiled at me.

“Well good morning princess,” he said, giggling at his new nickname he gave me.

“Shut up Lucas,” I replied, lightly swatting his arm.

Luke then sat up and jumped out of my bed, grabbing my hands.

“Well get dressed princess cause I’m taking you out to breakfast,” he said jumping up and down, pulling me out from the bed.

“But my bed is so warm,” I whined, resisting Luke’s pull to get me out of bed.

“You either change now or no free breakfast for you,” Luke replied, dropping my hands and walking away.

“Fine, fine I’ll get ready,” I said, pulling back the covers and hopping out of bed.

“You’re such a gold digger,” Luke laughed.

“Only the best for you,” I said, cheekily smiling at him.

☆☆☆

As the waitress left with our pancake orders, I turned to face Luke.

“IHOP, really?” I said laughing.

“Hey it’s a classy family establishment,” Luke said, pretending to pout.

“Well they do have the best blueberry pancakes,” I said taking a sip of my water.

“Lets play twenty questions,” Luke said, looking at me very seriously.

“Alright. You first,” I said, leaning back in my seat.

“When’s your birthday,” Luke asked.

“November 23, 1996. My turn,” I replied with a smirk. “Any siblings?”

“Nope, just my dad and I,” Luke responded.

“Where’s your mom? Wait can that count as one of my questions?”

“Yeah it can. And my mom died when I was in 8th grade,” Luke said, looking down at the table.

“Oh, I’m sorry about that,” I said awkwardly.

“It’s fine. Where’s your dad?” Luke asked.

“He works for some major company and is always travelling. So I think currently he’s in London. You get to go again since I asked two in a row.” I said.

“Ok, what’s your favorite movie?” asked Luke.

“The Breakfast Club. Why’d you move from Australia?” I said.

“Stalking me are you Banks?” Luke said with a laugh. “After my mom died my dad thought we needed a change, so we moved here,” Luke responded.

“What’s your family like?” Luke asked, stirring the straw in his drink.

“My brother and I have been best friends since he was born. My dad’s never around as you now know, and my mother is a raging bitch,” I sighed. “So what’s your favorite animal?” I asked.

“Penguin,” Luke replied. “What do you want to do after graduation?” he asked.

I set my drink down and sighed. That was the one question that I had no answer to.

“No idea,” I said, shrugging.

“No idea. Not one?” Luke asked, raising his eyebrows.

“Yes Luke I have no idea what I’m going to do. Is that a problem?” I asked crossing my arms.

“No, no. I was just surprised that’s all,” Luke said.

Our little game was interrupted by the waitress returning with our food in her hands. She set a plate of hot blueberry pancakes in front of me, while she gave Luke his huge stack.

“Is there any thing else I can get you?” the waitress asked looking only at Luke.

I felt jealously rise in me.

“Snap out of it Zoey,” I thought to my self. It’s not like he belonged to me, and besides I wasn’t interested any ways. However, I couldn’t deny the fact that Luke was very attractive. His blue eyes lit up every time that he showed his wonderful smile, and his hair was this golden color that reminded me of fresh wheat.

“No thanks we’re good,” Luke said to the waitress, turning and smiling at me.

I smirked at the waitress as she walked off in a huff.

“Well lets eat then,” Luke said, picking up his fork and cutting into his huge stack of pancakes.

☆☆☆

Luke pulled up to front of my house, and stopped his car.

“Thanks for breakfast, it was great,” I said, opening the door to his car.

“No problem,” Luke replied with a smile.

I stepped out of his car, and turned to shut the door.

“And Luke, thanks for last night,” I said, shutting the door and walking up to my door.

As I opened my front door, I heard Luke’s speed off down the street.

“I’m home,” I called out shutting the door behind me.

I heard a loud groan come from the living room, which most likely came from my brother.

My assumption was correct. There was Holden, lying on the couch with all the lights turned off.

“Aw is someone a little hung over,” I said, patting my brother’s shoulder.

“Ugh your voice is SO loud,” he moaned, rolling away from me.

I left my brother on the couch and went to the kitchen to get him a glass of water. When Holden was hung-over, he always acted like a giant six-foot baby.

I returned to the living room, setting the water on the table in front of the couch.

“Thanks,” Holden mumbled, taking a sip of the cool water.

“So is it true you went home with Hemmings last night?” Holden asked, raising his eyebrows at me.

“How did you know that?” I asked surprised.

“Steve saw you get in his car and leave with him. And of course everything Steve sees he relays back to me,” Holden said smugly.

“I needed Luke to pick me up since your drunk ass was no help,” I said laughing.

“Why did you leave so early?” Holden asked.

“I got bored,” I said, covering up the real reason.

I couldn’t tell Holden what Evan tried to do. Evan was his best friend, and I knew if I told Holden, he would go after him.

“Did Hemmings entertain you then?” Holden asked with a giggle.

“Shut up Holden,” I laughed, walking out of the room.

“I hope you two used protection,” Holden called after me.

I laughed at my brother’s remark as I walked into my room and sat on bed. As I lay down in my bed, considering taking a nap, there was only one thing on my mind. Luke Hemmings.