Chapter 3

"Shit. Shit. Shit" I mumbled, tugging on my skinny jeans.

My alarm of course was supposed to go off 15 minutes ago, yet it didn't and I refuse to be late on the second day of school. I quickly pulled my red hair into a ponytail, and threw on a black t-shirt.

My brother was pounding on the door, "Zoey we need to go now, the next bus leaves in 3 minutes."

I grabbed my backpack and flung it over my shoulders. I didn't have time to put any make up on, so I just ran out of the room. Stumbling down the stairs, I managed to shove my Vans on my feet.

"Bye mom" my brother and I yelled as we ran out of the house, sprinting down the street to the bus stop.

☆☆☆

As I entered the physics room, all heads turned towards me.

My teacher shook his head, "Ms. Banks I know you probably think the world moves around you, but showing up to class 15 minutes late is unacceptable."

"I'm sorry Mr. Davies its just-"

"I don't want to hear any excuses Ms. Banks take your seat," he said gesturing towards my empty seat across from Luke.

I blushed as I sat down, glancing up to see Luke trying to stifle a laugh.

"Fuck off Hemmings" I whispered to him, pulling my books out of my bag.

"Now to refresh Ms. Banks, we will be staring a huge project, called a group research project. You have all been assigned partners, and you will work with them for the rest of the semester on a project of your choice. Ms. Banks your partner is Mr. Hemmings."

Luke groaned at this information, raising his hand."Mr. Davies, is it really necessary I be her partner. To be honest sir I don't trust her to do her share of the work."

As Luke said this he looked over at me, smirking. "What an ass" I thought to my self, flipping him off.

"Mr. Hemmings I think you will survive, though I know how hard this will be for you. Now if you two are all done, may we continue with the lesson?" Mr. Davies asked, looking at both of us.

Luke and I both nodded, glaring at each other.

☆☆☆

 I walked into art, sitting down on my stool, squeezing different pain colors onto my palette. I put it my headphones, blasting Sweater Weather by The Neighborhood. I focused on my canvas, dragging my paintbrush across it, in an attempt to make art. Art was the one thing that I felt I was good at, it allowed me to actually be my self, and it let all of my worries and insecurities melt away. Just as I went to finish the last petal of the rose I was painting, I felt a tap on my shoulder. I jumped, getting a line of pink paint down my canvas.

"Jesus are you happy?" I yelled, turning to see who ever caused me to do this. I

was met by two piercing blue eyes and a mess of blonde hair. Luke.

"Ugh what do you want asshole." I said, raising my eyebrows at him.

"I just wanted to say that what you're painting is beautiful. Sorry" He said, ducking his head and walking away, back to his stool across the room.

A.n///

hi guys, hope you all like it so far. I made a playlist that I think goes well with the story you can listen to it here http://8tracks.com/5sos99/first and there's a link on the side!

enjoy! xoxo