Chapter 15

I tapped my fingers on my lap to the tune of the song on the radio. I looked out the window, trying to figure out where we are going.

“We’re like leaving the city Luke, are you planning on taking me away and killing me?” I laughed, turning to look at Luke.

“Yes, that’s exactly what I’m doing. Damn you Zoey Banks you foiled my master plan,” Luke said, rolling his eyes at me.

I turned back to the window, watching the city lights fade away.

After a few minutes, we pulled up outside a park.

“We’re here,” Luke said, turning off the car.

“A-alright,” I said, surprised.

Luke stepped out of the car and opened my door for me.

I exited the car as Luke walked to the trunk, pulling out a large canvas bag.

“What’s in that?” I asked, stretching my neck to try and see what was in the bag.

“Patience Banks,” Luke replied, grabbing my hand in his.

I smiled as we walked into the park, our joined hands swinging. I loved the feeling of my small hand being covered by his large one. It just felt right, like they were made to fit each other.

We finally reached a small clearing, where Luke stopped walking. He let go of my hand and pulled out a long blanket, placing it on the grass. He gestured for me to sit down, and he sat right next to me as I did so. He then reached back into his bag and pulled out a clear Tupperware. He opened the lid revealing two premade sandwiches, fit perfectly into the small container. He smiled as he pulled out the first one and handed it to be.

“Aw how cute,” I giggled, biting into the sandwich.

Luke then pulled out two cans of Coke, opening the tab on top of the can and passing it to me.

“Honestly Luke this is really sweet,” I said, smiling at him.

“Really? I was kind of nervous that you would think it was lame or something,” he said, running a hand through his hair as he took a bite out of his sandwich.

“No I really appreciate it, most guys don’t put any thought into dates,” I said, shivering a little bit.

Winter was approaching and the air had a chill to it, causing me to freeze in my thin blouse.

“Oh shit here,” Luke said quickly, pulling another blanket out of the bag and wrapping it around my shoulders.

“God how much do you have in there,” I said with a laugh, pulling the blanket tighter around me.

“I’m like the male Mary Poppins,” he laughed.

☆☆☆

“And that’s Orion’s belt,” Luke said, pointing to the dark sky.

We had finished our food and were lying on the ground, snuggled together under the blanket.

“Wait where?” I said, cocking my head to try and see the constellation Luke was pointing to.

“Just there. Do you see the three bright stars in a row?” he said, turning his head to me.

“Ohhhh, now I see it. Stars are just so beautiful aren’t they?” I said smiling, turning my head to look at him.

“You know, they may be beautiful, but you put them to shame every night,” he said, locking his eyes with mine.

“You’re so cheesy,” I whispered with a grin.

“It’s true,” Luke breathed, his face close to mine.

I leaned in slowly, brushing my lips on his. I pulled back slightly, raising my lashes to look at him. Luke smiled, placing his hand on the side of my face and pulling me closer to him. His warm lips pressed onto mine, sending a shock wave through my body. Everywhere he touched me, warmth spread. The air was freezing yet together; we were as warm as could be. I smiled into the kiss as our lips moved in sync, my fingers tugging on his hair. Luke slowly pushed his tongue into my mouth, and I granted it entrance. Our tongues danced as Luke’s hand slid from my face to my waist, pulling my closer to him.

We were in our own little world, just the two of us and the twinkling stars in the sky. When I’m with Luke, it’s like we’re disconnected from the rest of the world. All of my other thought and worries melted when I was with him.

Luke slowly pulled away, smiling as he looked into my eyes.

“Hi,” Luke said, biting his lip to try and contain his grin.

“Hi,” I giggled, not even trying to cover up my smile.

“We should get going, it’s gotten pretty late,” Luke said, started to sit up.

“Fineeeee,” I whined, grabbing onto Luke’s hand as he pulled me up.

We packed up all of our things and connected our hands as we walked back to the car.

☆☆☆

Luke pulled up to the front of my house, turning off the radio.

“Did you have an okay time?” he asked, nervously running his hand through his hair.

“I did actually,” I said, laughing slightly.

“Good I was worried you would hate it or something…” Luke said, looking away from me.

“Nope, you actually did a good job Hemmings,” I said, placing my hand on his.

He turned back and smiled at me, laughing as he did so.

“I should probably go…” I said, turning away and starting to open the door.

“Do you want me to walk you to your door?” Luke asked.

“I think I can walk ten feet Hemmings,” I said laughing as I pushed open the door.

“Alright, well goodnight Zoey,” Luke said.

I turned back to Luke and leaned in and placed a kiss on his cheek.

“Goodnight Lucas,” I said shutting the door.

“That’s not my name Banks!” Luke called after me as I walked to my house.

I reached my door and turned back to the car, smiling and waving at Luke as he pulled out of my driveway.

This is so weird, I thought to my self. A few months ago, I barley even knew Luke and I thought he was the most annoying person ever. Yet here I was thinking about this boy who I had just made out with less than an hour ago. I never pictured that Luke and I would be in this situation, but I couldn’t be happier.

a.n///

oooh look at me, trying to write a really awkward makeout scene. i hope it wasnt too cringe, i've never written one before. also i may or may not have thown some song references in there so comment if you found them!