f i f t e e n

here's a little new year's present:) -author

I squint and lean closer to the mirror to more closely examine my appearance. I huff a sigh and try and push back a strand of hair into my neat hairstyle.
I audibly grunt in frustration at the same time Kylo walked into the room.
"What are you making so much noise about? It's annoying," He questions my irritation.

"Well I'm annoyed!" I snapped, "This piece of hair won't stay back.."

"Leave it, it looks good," he comments and I seize up and my cheeks warm. I tried to ignore it, pretend it's just me overthinking and my mind making up things because obviously.... those feelings for Kylo could never exist.

I donned my overly exaggerated black cloak and checked myself one last time in the mirror. Normally my Sith robes are a mixture of maroon and black, but today I mimicked the void of space, only black.

Today was Hux's funeral. All of the First Order was draped in their darkest clothing to mourn a fallen general. The saddest part of all of it was the reason for his death. He hadn't died in a noble fight with honor and bravery attached to his name. General Hux died because he tried to save my life, he let his feelings get in the way.
Want to know what's even sadder? He died two weeks ago and I haven't shed one tear or felt one ounce of guilt for the man. His death was his own fault.

The plan was to let the bullet that killed Hux merely graze me, let the troopers all be slaughtered in a blood bath, and for us all to retreat and let the Resistance just think they won.

But no, he had to be a hero and "save my life." That's what happened when you try to be a hero, you die for unreasonable reasons.

Kylo and I had to speak at the funeral. Neither of us were looking forward to it, nor did we even want to. However these are the sacrifices I must make for the position I hold....

"Have you got your speech prepared?" I ask quietly while donning my thin black leather gloves.
Kylo holds up a folded piece of paper between two fingers.
I mirror him and do the same.

"Is yours blank too?" He asks.

"Yup," We both take a deep breath and shove the naked stationary back into our pockets.

Even in death Hux gave Kylo and I a reason to bond. A knock came from the door and we made eye contact, "Ready?"

"As I'll ever be..." I replied and we made our way to the door, "also.. I was thinking we could have 'Genital Hux' written on his memorial plate, blame it on a typo."

"You're too evil," Kylo snickered.

"I knew you'd like that one," I smirked and tugged my gloves tighter over my hands.

Kylos speech was short and to the point and as basic as you can get. Jerk... I should have spoke first cause he said everything I was going to and now I have to wing it.

As Kylo made his was back to where I was standing it meant it was my turn and I have to be original. But let's be realistic.... everyone here hated Hux, it's a surprise this memorial service even took place. These are soldiers, bred and condition to win a war, not to cry over a general that let his heart rule his head.

My cloak flowed behind me as I made my confident strides up to the microphone.
Honesty is key, right?

"Why are we here?" I ask and fold my hands behind my back, "General Hux was a feared General who loyally served the First order but in reality, there have been greater than him, he was stupid enough to get killed..."