f i v e

"Oh yes...she will bring us victory.."

What the hell is happening..
Force user? Does he even know who he's talking about? Why is this senile lizard our supreme leader?

Be respectful, your mind is open to him too.. The deep voice echoes in the back of my mind and I groan at the fact that the angsty commander was still was reading my thoughts.

I don't care if he thinks I'm disrespectful! I didn't want to be here in the first place! I'm here against my will!!  I shout my thoughts at Kylo Ren. I basically just met this crybaby and he's already treating me like I'm an ignorant child!

"Enough!" The supreme leader shouts interrupting our exchange of thoughts.
My eyes snap up to meet those of the large hologram that shone before me.
My anger at being left in the dark was almost enough to over power my fear.

"Girl." he addresses me and I stiffen, the air becoming colder. "From our senses you are strong with the force, the Sith thrive on the anger swelling our veins.." He pauses and I feel and unfamiliar... something, i wasn't sure what but started swelling in my core, making me feel as if i was about to implode as a wave of cold washes over me.
My chest begins to hurt like someone had plunged an icy dagger through it.
"A-AHH!" I shriek and stutter at the searing, frost-bite spreading over my heart as I felt my feet leave the ground beneath me.

He continues, "You certainly have your share, I trust you'll put it to good use."
The pain comes to a halt as he finishes his sentence and I fall to my hands and knees, for the second time that day, my head hanging as I try to catch my breath. Did he just search my heart?
"However, you can't let your fear rule you head, let your anger control everything," I hear the being speak to me again.
Annoyed that he is still trying to lecture me, I glare at him through my lashes.
"Supreme Leader, are you sure it's her, and not someone else?" Kylo Ren's masked voice rings in the hall taking a step ahead of me.

"And why are you questioning me?" Leader Snoke hisses, snapping his gaze to the dark man beside me and he recedes. "I don't care if you don't want to train her, she is stronger than she knows."
You don't want to train me? I think aloud in my head, figuring the commander can still hear my thoughts.

You're not my first choice. I hear him reply as I find the strength to stand. All this telapthy is giving me a headache.
I wanted to call him a jackass...but I didn't know how to push him out if I didn't even know he was there..

The Supreme Leader looks back to my presence, "Don't disappoint me.." He states with an echo in the dark hall to solidify his words and fades away.
I'm left stunned. Staring blankly at negative space where the Supreme leader reclined only moments ago. The same question echoing through my head.

I'm...force-sensitive?

"Go get some rest, I fear small mind like yours has been overworked today," I hear Kylo Ren speak in his distorted voice as he begins to walk out. I hurriedly follow along.

"W-why are you like this? Can you at least explain to me what's going on..?" I ask, the courage trying to dominate my already feeble words.

"Tomorrow we will begin training" He states, stopping at the door, facing me.
I stare at him for a second.
And he stares at me.
Even if I could not see the man under the mask, I still felt his white-hot glare burning over my features. I begin to curl up again, making myself smaller. Just like I did when I first met him.

He turns to leave.
"But I-" I try to ask him when I need to be ready but he was already out the door, leaving me in the chill room.
With a sigh I leave to make my way down to my level. But first I have to find the stairs...