s e v e n

T H R E E  M O N T H S
L A T E R

"Ah! It hurts!" I moan as the pain spreads through me.

"Get used to it," he growls in my ear and pushes further.

I cry out in pain and decide to use the force to push him off.

He stumbles backwards and I quickly stand, taking my fighting stance once again. I was still adjusting to using my powers to their full potential so I was easily weakened when ever I use them and they weren't totally effective either. I ready myself for whatever he decides to throw at me but I'm just not feeling as strong as I should.

"You're getting better," Kylo Ren states ready for me to pounce.

"Don't patronize me," I reply.
Don't let your opponent know you're weakened, stay confident and strong.
Some of Kylo Rens advice rings in my head, reminding me of what I need to win a battle.
I swing my leg up to hit him in the face. He easily reacts and grabs my leg twisting it, trying to make me cripple in pain. I knew he would do this however so I use my other foot to jump off the ground and turn with the foot he was holding.
I use my momentum to swing around him and on to his back.

I use the foot he held to kick him, making him release it. I wrap my arms around his neck, trying to choke him. He reaches up and grabs me from under my shoulders and flips me over his head and onto my back. He had to lean over to do this so I use my feet to kick him in the stomach, and push him over my head and onto his back.

I quickly stand and hover over him ready to fight once again.

"Well done," he mumbles trying to stand but I use the force to make him lay back.
In short this all sounds easy, but it's one of the most difficult things, having to push my body this extent may be the hardest thing I've had to do. He's bigger, taller and stronger than me. He's trained in the force, and physically, much more than I am. In all ways he is far more advanced and experienced, therefore trying to keep him down using the force was near impossible. I felt lightheaded and a migraine come on as I used all my strength to keep him down, my energy draining at an alarming rate.

"You can't hold this forever," he says trying to fight me and I could feel myself getting weaker, but I couldn't let him know.

"You're right," I tell him and throw him away from me using the force and I collapse to my knees holding my head, trying to regain my strength.
I sat for a second and then I realized...Kylo Ren hadn't come back to fight me and win.

I look over at him, ignoring that the room is spinning around me.
"You okay?" I call to him. He was on his knees holding his head, and I heard a repeated clicking sound.
What was happening?
"Kylo Ren sir?" I ask him again.
He stands and rushes past me still holding his helmet.
"Ky-" he cuts me off
"I'm fine!" He and walks towards the door. His voice wasn't normally distorted like it usually is. It was a different type of distorted.
It didn't sound graveled and dark, it sounded garbled. It was a mix of his normal voice and his mask trying to still hide what he really sounded like.
"But we still have the rest of the day!" I shout at him again

"It's doesn't matter, I'll make it up later" he replies and rushes out, leaving me sat alone in the training room.

"What just happened?" I ask myself out loud. D-did I just win for the first time?
Sure I always wanted to beat him in hand to hand combat but this didn't feel right. It felt like he gave up....but why? Maybe I'll ask him later. For now I'm going to finish my training, even if I don't have Kylo Ren to instruct me.