n i n e

Kylo had to stay in the medical bay, due to the severity of his injury. 
At the time of the battle I thought he got just a scratch but I didn't realize he was practically run through, fortunately no important organs were damaged in his accident.

When I heard of the severity my heart raced and my stomach tied in knots. Panic flooded my brain and I had trouble focusing on anything other than his health until I knew he would make a quick recovery.

The medical staff had warned me hours ago that my master was in a controlled state and my near presence was no longer needed, yet when I saw him lose conscious in the ship on the flight back to the Finalizer I couldn't leave until he awoke. I was the last one he saw when he crashed, it felt only right to be there when opened his eyes. 

To anyone else who heard my thoughts would've thought I had a deeper attachment to Kylo Ren than I should have, a romantic attachment even. They probably didn't even have to read my thoughts to make that judgement, but I knew the true nature of our relationship. I knew my own thoughts. I knew there were no feelings tied to my glances at his sleeping, shirtless figure. I knew there was no sentiment behind my ass falling asleep in this incredibly uncomfortable chair and yet still refusing to leave until he woke up.

I knew my true feelings... right? Of course I do. Kylo Ren is my teacher. That's all he should be... that's all I can allow him to be...

My thoughts halt as I hear shuffling in the bed across the room. I look and see Kylo beginning to stir. 

"Hey Sleeping Beauty," I taunt and tilt my head.

A deep sigh leaves his lungs and throws his hands over his head, "How long?" He asks referring to the length time he was asleep, his voice groggy from not using it for a few hours.

"Weeks, we were afraid you weren't gonna make it," I say and look at him as he tries to sit up, his chest bare, gauze wrapped tightly around his waist, blood begging to seep through the layers of bandages. His scar prominently displayed across his face, running down to his shoulder.

"What?" He asks I'm a concerned voice, holding his side, trying to ease the pain of his wound.

"No, you were only out for a couple of hours, you're fine," I say smirking and standing and walking closer to the edge of the bed

"Why I tolerate your incompetence  is beyond me-" he begins to reprimand me but I cut him off.

"Why do you?" I ask, " You're currently one of the strongest forces in the galaxy and I fear you training me is distracting from that. I know you're stronger than what I've seen..... I've arranged for Snoke to finish both of our training separately. Once we have come to grasp our full potential of the force then we may focus on our battle strategy.."