f o u r t e e n

"I'm just saying you could have shot the Rancor much earlier than you did," I scold Kylo teasingly. I was sat in the medical bay on a raised table with two different droids working away at my injuries.

"You could have not slid down directly in its path," he gives me a snarky reply, resting in a stiff chair just across from me. He hasn't left since I entered.

"You could have not sold me to a crime lord!" I smirk towards him and I get a harsh glare in return.

"And you said you forgave me, liars never prosper Nyx."

"Okay well who was it who got the coordinates of the rebel base by lying? I don't think it was you Ren-" I yelp as one of the robots hits a sensitive nerve. One small droid was examining the shocking device that was fused to my neck while a larger one was mending the deep scar rooted in my calf. The smaller one had tugged on a nerve ending that gave me a small pinch.

"Karma?"

"Yeah whatever.."

Kylo and I tease each other about the battle we most recently encountered but have yet to mention our intimate moment. Despite both of our confident and bold attitudes an awkward air was held high in the room.

I'm not sure how he felt but I guess I enjoyed the hug, being the touch starved person I am. On the other hand I had no idea I was touch starved until just now.
I hadn't had any genuine and caring human contact in about 6 years. I never really noticed how much I was in need, being so focused on work.
It never occurred to me that something so simple like a hug would almost feel vital.
I never would have imagined how nice it could feel.

But I mean how could Kylo not feel the same way? He was the one who hugged me in the first place and how many tender displays of affection is that guy giving out?
None, none is the answer.
I mean he has to be feeling the same way about it... right? This is how friends should feel about each other? Wanting to be around them constantly, wanting to touch them constantly? Is that really how friends feel?

"You don't have to stay here with me," I announce to Kylo after a minute or so of soft silence. I honestly didn't want him to to ever leave my side but I felt guilty he was spending time with me. I notice him pause for a second, caught off guard. He knew I was right but couldn't let me know he "cared".

"I have nothing better to do..." he answered shortly after a moment of silence.

"Ah ha sure the Commander of the first order has nothing better to do," I tease and he shoots me a glare.
I close my eyes and lull my head back with a deep sigh, somewhat annoyed that Kylo held back his feelings. I try to ignore the feeling but I couldn't help but sense his eyes landing on me.

K Y L O

I pretend to look away in irritation at her teasing but once I see her tilt her head back I look back towards her. I really did have something better to be doing, about a million things... but she was much more interesting. I don't know how she became such a huge part in my life. It seemed she was a lowly technician a few days ago and now was working by my side and helping conquer the galaxy.
She asks all the time and I always deny it, because I could never admit that I cared about her.
"Why'd you come back for me.." I hear her mumble, head still lolled back and eyes still shut.

A shaky breath fills my lungs and I rack my brain in search of an answer that doesn't reveal what I really think about her, "I told you, you're valuable to the First Order."
I feel her aura shift from my answer to...I don't know what but it wasn't good.