t w e l v e

"If you get lost I am leaving without you."

"Me?!" I gasped sarcastically. "You're out of your damn mind Kylo Ben-"

"Watch yourself Y/n Vaal," Kylo warns, staring me down with a hard gaze.

"Oh come on it's not like I call you that in front of your lover Hux-"

"If you're wanting your legs amputated keep talking and last time I checked Hux was infatuated with you," Kylo cuts me off with a low tone.

I let Kylo's threat fly over my head and I roll my eyes at the mention of Hux's unsettling obsession with me, "What? You jealous?"

"Not in the slightest..." Kylo breaths quietly. I snicker and sling my satchel bag over my shoulder and start gathering my things.

Ever since Kylo and I agreed to be friends last month or so, we had only become closer. We embraced the comfort of having someone always be there for us and let it set in. We began spending more and more time together and even thought we were still perfectly cruel to each other there was a mutual kindness.

Kylo and I were currently preparing for departure to Tatooine. We had recently come up with the idea for the First Order to start offering services for other sinister people across the galaxy so as to earn some extra funds.

We had gotten a request from a relative of the Hutt family for a few new "dancers" to own, along with other crime lords requesting for our professional services. We decided to collect some cheap women from Tatooine to offer so we could receive more than we spent.

Anxiety takes pleasure in washing over me when I think about the possibility of my death. Going out for a confrontation was never a comforting thing considering most of them result in battles. It was almost unreasonable to be nervous as I was fully trained physically and in the force. I should be perfectly fine but everything is always an uncertainty.

***

After we land outside the Hutt palace I hand a trooper the chain that was connected to the neck of one of the women we were offering, the same chain connecting all four of the scantily clad ladies in a line.

I search for Kylo, waiting for him so we could make our appearance. I spotted him arguing with General Hux and I roll my eyes with a huff, forcing myself over towards them.

"Excuse us General, we have important matters to attend to," I interject and wrap my hand around Kylo's upper arm, leading him away.

"You better not let him say anything with that fat mouth of his or this whole operation will fail!" Hux tells me, seething with rage.

"Thank you General," I spew in a monotonous voice, completely ignoring his words because I know the two men are about as rational as toddlers when it comes to one another.

"Listen Ren, I wanna get this over with, I can't remember the last time I slept and you're making me lose my mind..."

"He makes me sick to my stomach," Kylo hisses under his breath and I give another eye roll.

"Yeah, you and literally everyone else," I spit and motion for the trooper to follow Kylo and I down into the Hutt palace, along with the female slaves.

As we entered you could practically smell the disgusting personalities that resided in the area. I cringed at the musty atmosphere but only further continued my path inside, despite my inner reluctance.

We had made many trades with far more revolting people but something about the Hutt Palace gave me an uneasy feeling, and Kylo could sense it.

He was trailing close behind me when I felt his hand on my shoulder as we kept moving, "Calm yourself, nothing bad is going to happen."