Chapter 81

2 days until the wedding:

"I'm getting married in two days!" Betty squealed to Veronica and Kevin who had come to keep her company in the apartment whilst jughead was in a serpent meeting. She'd already done her physio therapy session of the day. "I know! It's crazy I'm so excited!" Veronica exclaimed with a beaming smile. "Can we order lunch guys I'm so hungry" Kevin said from where he sat on the chair next to the couch where the girls were sitting. "Yes! Let's order pizza!" Veronica said as she got up to place an order. "So how are you doing in therapy?" Kevin asked. "I'm doing okay. It's very hard though... harder than I thought" she sighed. "You'll be back and better in no time Betty" Kevin smiled.

When jughead had finished his meeting he saw a pizza delivery guy at the door. "Hey man... erm pizza for Veronica lodge?" The guy said looking a bit uneasy about being in a biker bar. "Sure! I'll take it thanks" jughead Said and the delivery dude left. Jughead went upstairs to the apartment and when he walked in he found Betty asleep on the couch and Kevin and Veronica getting ready to leave. "Oh.. are you leaving your pizzas just come" Jug said, holding the box up. "She's tired, you can keep it, tell B I'll call her later" Veronica said and with a goodbye Kevin and Veronica left. Jughead placed the pizza on the counter and went to wake Betty up: knowing she wouldn't be able to sleep that night if she slept now. He crouched down in front of her and wiped the hair from her face and kissed her forehead, she stirred and her eyes fluttered open. "Hey sleeping beauty" he smiled. "Mmm hi" she mumbled sleeping and he kissed her again. "Where's Kev and V?" She Asked when she sat up. "They've just left, she said call them later but they left us the pizza... so... pizza, cuddles and a movie?" He said with a grin. "I'd love Nothing more" she smiled.

"Okay so the night before the wedding I'm going to stay with Veronica" Betty said later that night. "What why?" Jug asked confused and Betty burst out laughing. "Because... it's tradition you can't see the bride before the wedding" she stated. "I don't want to be away from you for that long" he whined and she carefully shuffled over to him on the couch and wrapped her arms around him. "It's only one night then you get me all to yourself" and smiled and leant up to kiss his lips. "'Mmm and I cant wait" he said and kissed her again. "Juggie? What are we going to do about the honeymoon if I can walk?" She said sadly. "Hey" he said and lifted her chin up so she was looking at him. "I know it's hard but if you really can't walk properly by the honeymoon we'll move it until you can alright? You're health is more important and we don't want any set backs" he said simply and left no room for arguments. "Okay" she said.

Later on Betty was sat in her bed writing in her journal while jughead read his book. "I was thinking" she said, breaking their comfortable silence. "When it's time to start my online college...I might wait a while. I forget with everything that's going on all the drama and excitement that when it's all over I still have to get my degree so I think I might want to wait a bit and let things settle before I throw myself back into work. I need my brain to relax or I might start to spiral" she rambled. Jug chuckled softly and placed his book down and took one of her hands. "I think that's a great idea" he said. "You do?" She asked surprised. "Yeah. You've been through a lifetime of stress and I don't want you to make yourself sick baby. So I agree you should take some time" he said with a smile and he kissed her knuckles. "Have I told you how much I love you?" She said. "You have but you can say it again" he smirked. "I love you" She smiled. "I love you too" he said. Betty put her journal down and got into the covers and snuggled in. "You sleepy?" Jug asked staring at how adorable she Looks. "Yes" she grinned. "You should sleep honey, I'm going to read for a bit is that okay?" He asked and she nodded and rolled so she was flush against his side and cuddled him while he read. "Goodnight juggie" she said and kissed his chest. "Goodnight honey" he said softly and kissed her head.