Chapter 63

3 weeks til the wedding:

The next few weeks flew by and there was only three weeks left to the wedding. Jug could tell that Betty was getting stressed and he tried his best not to hover over her but he was scared she was stressing herself out too much. On one particular day she was sat on the couch finalising flower arrangements on the phone when he came back from the bar. He could tell she was in a mood and when she finished the phone call she ignored him and went to the table to plan more wedding things. After about ten minutes he went to sit next to her and said "Betts.. I think you should take a break". Her head snapped to him and glared at him; it looks could kill, he would be dead. "I don't need a break! I need to get this done! Or do you not care about our wedding?!" She snapped. "Betts, Of Course I care its just you're making a big deal about all this" he said, gesturing to the planning on the table "and I don't want you to make yourself sick" he tried to reason. Suddenly she stood up from the table and glared at him "not a big deal? Not a big deal?!" She yelled and he realised that she'd took what he'd said in the wrong way but before he could correct himself she was off on a rant. "Okay fine! We're only getting married but I suppose that's not a big deal!" She continued, Jug had started to loose his patience. "Betty! You're being ridiculous! I'm looking out for you! I can't be dealing with your mental state right now!" He yelled back and instantly regretted it. Betty Stepped back as if she'd been slapped. "No betts I didn't mean~" but he was cut off by her walking into the bedroom and slamming the door behind her; he figured he'd wait for them to both calm down before talking to her. His thoughts were interrupted by Betty coming back out with tears down her face and a bag in her hand. "What are you doing?" He asked nervously. "Leaving. I'm going to Kevin's. "Betts no please don't go, I love you and I didn't mean it" he said but she was already gone.

The couple coming down the stairs, caused quite a stir and caught the attention of the serpents. "Betts I'm sorry please!" Jug pleaded. "Just I need time" Betty said defeated. "What's up guys?" FP said approaching the couple. "Why don't you ask your son? I'm going to go, I wouldn't want you to have to deal with my mental state" she scoffed before running out. "Son? What's going on?" FP asked Jug, the rest of the Serpents coming to listen. "I mess up dad, she was stressed about wedding planning and I went to talk to her and she snapped and I lost my patience because she didn't understand that I was just worried she was overworking herself; and I yelled back and said her mental state was burdening me". "Oh Jug" FP sighed. "Where is she going?" Toni asked. "Kevin's" he sighed. "She'll come around" fangs said.

The next today was when she came around; she had regretted walking out and felt bad for snapping because she knew he was only looking out for her. She left Kevin's and made her way to the bar; she looked a mess, she had been up all night having panic attacks and she hadn't taken any of her medication for her physical and mental health and it was taking a huge toll on her. When she walked into the bar everyone turned to looks at her with concern; she looked horrible. "Betty! Darling are you okay?" FP said running up and hugging her but she just shook her head 'no'. "Darling you don't look so good" he said. Betty wobbled on the spot, suddenly becoming dizzy. "Someone get jug!" Sweetpea yelled. Moments later jug ran down the stairs to his girlfriend. "Betts?" He asked looking at her with concern. "Juggie... I'm...im sorry I overreacted... I was just stressed I know you didn't mean anything by it... i.. I love.. you" she said before fainting. "Betty!" Jug yelled and helped FP to carry her upstairs.

An hour later Betty was awake again and Jug was sat next to her in the bed. She sat up slightly. "Oh my god betts, you scared me! What happened?" He asked as he got her some water. "I didn't have any of my medication, this must be the after affect" she sighed taking a sip of water. "Juggie, I am so sorry" she said bursting into tears and he pulled her into a hug. "I'm sorry for leaving and not listening to you, I know you were only looking out for me. I was just stressed and I'm waiting for my period so I'm emotional! I'm so sorry" she sobbed into his shirt. "Oh no baby, I'm sorry too I shouldn't have snapped" he said and rubbed her back. "I love you" she said as she pulled back. "I love you more" he smiled and kissed her softly. "How about you take your medication, take a bath and then me and you will go through wedding plans together?" He suggested. "Okay juggie" she smiled. "Just I want one more hug" she said and he laughed before taking her into his arms once again.