Chapter 77

"BETTY!" Jughead Screamed as he rushed to the car that had just crashed. He struggled to get the door on Betty's side open but when he did, he broke down in tears; Betty was covered in blood and glass from the windows and her legs were trapped in all the rubble. "Call an ambulance!" He sobbed. When the ambulance and fire crew arrived they all stood back as they cut both Betty and Abigail's unconscious bodies from the car. When Betty was placed in the ambulance jughead got in behind her and held her hand tightly as the doctors started working on her. "Is she gonna be okay?" He kept asking but nobody answered.

At the hospital everyone was waiting, they had been waiting for over 5 hours. Betty had to have surgery on her leg as the accident damaged her leg in a few places. Sheriff Keller had officers guarding Abigail's room, who was perfectly fine and only had a concussions so when he was discharged she'd be taken to jail; all Betty's charges were being dropped. "Family Of Elizabeth cooper?" A nurse came out. "Yes. Yeah that's us" jughead and the Serpents stood up. "Ah I see she's well loved" the nurse said with a small smile. "The surgery went well and she's awake" the nurse said and everyone sighed in relief. "I've already explained to Elizabeth but she's going to have to go to physio therapy, she can walk but for the next month it will be very hard and will have to build up strength" the nurse explained. "You can see her now, room 115".

"Juggie!" Betty Said happily when jughead walked into her room. "Oh baby. I'm so sorry this happened to you" he said and he sat next to her and stroked her hair and kissed her softly. "I was so scared" She Admitted. "I know honey but you're okay now and when Abigail gets discharged she's going straight to jail" Jug told her. "I love you" he said. "I love you too" She Said. They stayed hugging and holding each other tight for a while before the rest of the Serpents came to see Betty. After seeing everyone Betty became very tired and they let her sleep and Jughead sat on the chair next to her hospital bed and held her hand the whole time.

When she woke up for her next dose of medication she broke down in tears. "I can't believe she put me in hospital again" she sobbed into his chest. "I thought she was really going to kill me this time juggie". He held her tight and rubbed her back soothingly. "Shh I got you. I know it's scary and you're in a lot of pain but it's finally over" he said and kissed her head. "Juggie" she suddenly gasped. "The wedding! It's in 5 days!" She said. "We can move it, they said you'll be discharged tomorrow evening but we can move it until you're ready" Jug said and kissed her. "No! No. We're getting married in 5 days even if I have to be wheeled down the aisle" she said. "Baby, are you sure? You might not be strong enough to walk" he said softly. "I'm sure, I'm becoming Mrs Jones in 5 days and that's final."