Chapter 36

"W..what? What do you mean?!" Betty said. "I'm still your father Betty but just not biologically, your mother had an affair and in result had you" hal explained. "Who's my dad?" She whispered. "Me" he said. "NO YOUR NOT ARE YOU?!" She yelled and got up and started pacing. "Betty please calm down" Hal said. "You need to leave... why did no one tell me ?" She cried. Before hal could answer Betty had stormed out of the room and to the front door, catching the attention of the others who were concerned why she was in hysterics trying to unlock the door. "Betts? What's happening?" Jug said going towards her but she stepped back. Hal came into the hall and jughead immediately snapped at him "what did you do to her?!". "Nothing! Betty please this doesn't change anything!" Hal pleaded. "Doesn't change anything?!" Betty scoffed. "You're not my real dad! I think that changes a lot!" Betty screamed, ignoring the collective gasp from her friends. "What do you mean he's not your dad B?" Veronica asked putting a comforting hand on Betty's shoulder. "My mom cheating on him and here I am" Betty cried, gesturing to herself. "Betts..." jug said not knowing what to say. "You need to leave now" Betty said to hal. Hal didn't put up a fight he just said he'd be in touch and left. Nobody knew what to do and they all just sat there until Betty ran up the stairs. "Leave her son, that was some pretty heavy stuff she needs to think" FP said as jughead went to follow her. Before anyone could do anything Betty came back downstairs, laptop in hand and stormed into the kitchen and starting furiously typing. Jughead crouched in front of her while the others sat at the table. "Baby? What are you doing?" He asked. "I need to find my mom, I need to know juggie" she said but it came out in a sob and she collapsed into jughead, the sobs wracking her whole body, breaking the heart of everyone in the room. "Come on guys let's give them some space" sweetpea said and they retreated to the living room. "Juggie" Betty hiccuped as she pulled back. "Everything's messed up and I don't know how to fix it" she cried and the desperation in her voice was enough to make jughead cry. "I know baby, and I'm so sorry this is happening to you, life's being extremely cruel to you right now but it will get better, it has to, I love you betts" he said wiping under her eyes. "I love you too". "Come on, you need to lay down before you get yourself to worked up" Jug said taking her hand and leading her up to their room. Once she was in bed he stayed with her until she was asleep and he placed a soft kiss on her temple before leaving to go down to talk to the others.

"We have to be able to do something" Archie said. "I don't know what we can do, it's a bit out of our hands" Toni said. "I know but I'm scared for her" Jug said putting his head in his hands. "What do you mean?" Kevin asked. "She was close to seriously hurting herself before or worse remember? And things have got worst since then... what if it's to much for her" Jug said, tears pooling in his eyes. "We will Get her help son" FP said. "When she's awake, we should stage a mini intervention, even if she hates it she needs to know we're here and she maybe should start seeing a therapist again or something, We Just need to know where her mindset is" Veronica said, with everyone agreeing. "I think there's one thing we can do though" jug spoke. "We need to find Alice... Betty needs answers."

{ please leave ideas and prompts! Thanks for all your support!💗}