Chapter 33

"Hey there Juliet" Jug said as he walked into her hospital room. "What's got you so smiley" Betty said as he leant down to give her a kiss. "You, are getting discharged today" he said and she beamed at him. "Really?!". "Really".

Betty was in the bathroom trying to change out of her hospital gown. "Juggie? Can you help me?" She called through the door. "What's up babe?" He asked as he stepped into the small bathroom. "I can't get it off without it hurting" she said gesturing to herself. Jughead helped her out of her hospital gown and into some sweats that Toni had brought round earlier in the day. "Thank you" betty said and gave him a kiss. FP picked them up from the hospital and Took them to Veronica's penthouse. "Betty! Oh my god are you okay?! We came as soon as we could!" Veronica said as soon as Betty walked in the door. "I'm okay V just a little sore" Betty said and gave her a hug. Archie and Kevin greeted Betty and jughead helped her up to their room. "Do you want a nap baby?" Jug asked. "No I'm rested all week I just want to be here, with you" she said, moving towards him and wrapping her arms around his torso. "I love you Betty, so much" Jug said kissing the top of her head. "I love you too juggie".

A few hours later everyone was sat in the living room watching tv when Betty got up to go and get a glass of water; she was still very slow and it was clear she was still in pain. "I hate seeing her like this" Veronica sighed as they others watched Betty move around in the kitchen. "Me too" Jug said. Suddenly there was a knock at the door. "I'll get it" Betty said and moved to the door. When she opened it she gasped. "Leave!" Betty said shutting the door and turning to lean on it. Everyone got up. "Who is it?" Archie asked. "No one, go and sit down" Betty said, refusing to let go of the door. "Babe, come out the way" Jug said gently pushing her away and opening the door. "Hal?!" Veronica yelled. "Look I need to know if she's okay" hal said looking at Betty who was clinging onto Toni crying. "She's fine now get out!" Jug screamed. "Please Betty let me talk to you just for a second" Hal pleaded. Betty stepped forward to face her father. "What do you want dad" she said, her voice sounding tired and broken. "I want to explain I never meant for any of this to happen!". "Dad you've acting like I haven't existed ever since you and mom got a divorce! Why?! What did I do wrong?" Betty cried. " you didn't do anything wrong, I came to explain, also I wanted you to meet my new partner" Hal said sheepishly. "You... you want me to meet you're new family?" Betty whispered as shock radiated through her.  "Yeah" Hal replied. "Why?! So someone else can put me in hospital?!" Betty snapped. "No no, look just think about it okay? Here's my new number, call me" Hal said handing her a card with his number on. "Excuse me I need to rest I'm tired" Betty said before going up to her room. Betty heard to door slam from upstairs and then jughead appeared in the door way. Betty was sat on the bed, clutching the card with Hal's number on. "Betts? You okay?" Jug said crouching in front of her. Betty wiped her tears and grabbed his hands. "I don't know if I should meet them, I'm scared" she said. "Of course you are sweetheart, and you don't have to if you don't want to but if you do, I'm with you every step of the way.". "Thank you juggie" she said and he softly kissed her. "Let me run you a bath and we can chill for the rest of the night sound good?" He asked and she smiled and nodded.

After her bath Betty was feeling much better and joined jughead in the bed and got under the covers. "Feeling better?" He asked and pulled the covers up to her face and kissed her nose. "Much" She said and snuggled into his chest. "Juggie?". "Yes honey?". "Thank you for everything I don't deserve you" she said. "I don't deserve you, you're so brave Betty Cooper" he said. They fell asleep that night wrapped in each other's arms.

{thanks for 2k reads! Leave any ideas or prompts! Thanks for all your support!💗}