PART 9 - WHERE FRIENDS TALK

Hola Everyone,

Thank you for your votes and comments. Means a lot.🙂🙂🙂
Without further ado, here is the next part of this story. Hope you like it :-

***********************

"ACTUALLY...ACTUALLY BABA...DEV KA ACCIDENT MUJHEY BACHATEY HUEY HUA THA" as soon as Sonakshi said that Bijoy stuttered and held on to the table to stop himself from falling, little did he know that he had already fallen to a level from where it was very hard to get up.

Asha ran beside him to support him, but he held his hand out asking her to stop as well as indicating that he was alright as he asked "Mujhey clearly batao Sona kya hua tha?" he asked as Sonakshi slowly narrated the happenings of the day when Dev met with an accident, her plea to Badi Maa, their travel to Shimla, finding Dev and then the accident when she mindlessly walked towards him crossing the road without seeing the speeding vehicle which Dev had seen and pushed her away in the nick of time but in the process meeting with an accident himself which had nearly proved fatal.

As Sonakshi finished Bijoy fisted his palm, the anger on his face was palpable as he spoke brusquely "Jiss aadmi ki wajah se mujhey aur humari family ko itna zaleel hona pada. Jiss aadmi ki wajah se mainey apna ghar, apna izzat khoya. Aaj tumhari iss harqat ki wajah se mujhey zindagi bhar uss aadmi ke saamney jhuk key rehna padega Sona, jiss ka naam bhi lete huey mujhey ghin aati hai aaj ussi aadmi ka mujhey ussi aadmi ke ehsaan taley zindagi bhar dabke rehna padega Sona" he finished, the anger and accusation clear in his voice as the colour drained of both Asha and Sonakshi's faces, both had just one thought going on in their mind. Did Bijoy hate Dev to such an extent that in front of it even Sonakshi's life did not matter, no it could not be true. In all this Jatin stood quietly, worried that things were spiralling downwards.

"Bijoy, Ye tum kya bol rahey ho? Inn sab main Sona ki kya galti hai?" she asked as Bijoy lashed out "Galti hai Asha, galti hai. Naa toh ye uss Dev ko dhoondney jaati aur naa ye sab kuch hota. Sab kuch accha chal raha tha, Dev hum sab ke zindagi se door tha. Phir kya zaroorat thi Sona ko usey dhoondney ki? Jab pehli baar Sona ne Kolkata se Delhi wapas aaney ka faisla liya tha tab bhi main ne kaha tha lekin tum main se kisi ne meri baat nahi suni aur wo Dev hum sab ke zindagi main wapas aaya. Lekin jab wo hum sab ke lives main se wapas chala gaya tha toh phir usey dhoondney ki zaroorat thi Asha. Aaj Sona ki iss ek galti ki wajah se mujhey uss Dev ke saamney zindagi bhar jhook ke rehna padega" he said and stormed off to his room as Asha was stunned into silence while Sonakshi was completely broken, tears made way from her eyes.

"Baba...Ba..." she said as she ran behind her father but was stopped by Asha as she said "Nahi Sona, Tu Bijoy se kuch bhi nahi kahegi. Unhey ye samajhna hoga ki unki soch kitni galat hai. Mrs.Saxena ne sahi kaha tha, iss sab main kahi naa kahi galti meri bhi hai ki ye jaantey huey bhi ki Bijoy kai baar galat they main chup rahi ye soch ke he was just being a protective father, but I was wrong. It was not about being protective, all along it was about his lofty morals and principles which are just as flawed as himself. And it is time for him to come out of his bubble and realize that he is not always right" she said and left for her room as Sonakshi was once again stunned, things were going from bad to worse, first Badi Maa's visit to their home along with her conversation with her parent and now the discord between them. All because of one person, DEV.

****-------------****

"WHY DID YOU REVEAL THE TRUTHS TO EVERYONE MISHA?"

As soon as Misha heard Dev say that she could sense the disappointment as well as the accusation in his voice, it was clear to her that he was unhappy that everyone had come to know the truths about the past and that puzzled her more. She knew that Dev did not want anyone to know about it but now when everyone knew about it and were starting to realize their mistakes and along with it the injustice he was subjected to by them, it should have made him happy, but it was exactly the opposite that was happening.