t h i r t y o n e

*Two Weeks Later*

Emerson's POV:

I walked into Marlowe's school with Megan, looking at all of the art that students have done. I followed her to the classroom. I smiled as I watched her talk to Lily and another little girl in her class. Ms. Michaels put an gentle hand on their shoulders and pointed to the doorway. Marlowe smiled widely and hugged her teacher before running to me with her bookbag. Lily followed behind her along with their teacher.

"Your girls have been the sweetest children I've ever taught." She smiled. I smiled too and gave her a hug. "I also would like to thank you for the gifts. They were very sweet." She grinned. We both nodded and left. "You're done with kindergarten." I smiled at the girls. "I got some information about a camp for children that are deaf and hard of hearing. Do you want me to send it to you?" She asked. "Yeah." I smiled.

I sat on a chair as Marlowe drew on the driveway with chalk. I sipped some water and smiled when Justin pulled into the driveway. Marlowe got up and ran to the car when he opened his door. He got out and hugged her. I watched as he signed to her, asking how was school. She excitedly explained everything that they did. I smiled. When Justin found out that Marlowe was deaf, he immediately wanted to learn ASL.

*Flashback*

I finished doing Marlowe's hair while Justin was watching a video. On Marlowe's second birthday, he purchased a collection of ASL video lessons that taught him simple things like the alphabet to saying sentences. I watched him practice as Marlowe toddled over to him. She watched as he moved his hands and arms. She smiled and clapped, making us both laugh. She signed hug and he smiled, giving her a big hug.

*Flashback Over*

Marlowe handed me the box of chalk and I closed it. "What did you draw?" I asked and stood up. She grabbed my hand and took me over to her art, showing me a large heart with a drawing of our soon to be family of five. I kissed the top of her head as we all went into the house.