f o u r

Emerson's POV:

I played with my straw as I felt a hand touch my shoulder. I turned around to see Justin smile at me. "Hey babe." I smiled back and stood up to hug him. He sat down in front of me and told Dodger to lay under the table. "How's your morning?" He asked, grabbing my hand. I intertwined our fingers and watched as mine fit perfectly. "Good. Dropped Marlowe at school." "I'm happy she's doing well and you're doing pretty well too." He smirked and I blushed, rolling my eyes. He chuckled and rubbed his thumb along my hand.

I smiled as Marlowe ran over to Justin. "Hey kiddo." He signed and she jumped into his arms. He chuckled and hugged her back before putting her in the car. "How was school?" I asked and she signed 'good'. I smiled before driving off. I stopped by Smoothie King and got all three of us a smoothie before going home.

I fixed Marlowe a slice of pizza before handing her the plate. "Thank you." She signed before sitting at the table. I fixed myself a slice with a salad before sitting down too. I felt Marlowe tap my arm and I looked at her. "Mommy, I want to do ballet." She signed to me. "Really?" I asked her. She nodded. "My friend at school says she dances and I want to do it too." She smiled. I chewed on my bottom lip. Being deaf it's hard for her to do things that require music and movement like dance and gymnastics. "I'll look into it." I signed to her and she smiled widely before continuing to eat.