f i v e

Emerson's POV:

I laid in bed, playing on my phone, as I saw Justin walk across the room and get into bed with me. "What's wrong?" He asked me, taking off his prosthetic leg. "Nothing." I looked at him. "I know that look Em, something's wrong." He said and I sighed. "I'm happy for Marlowe because she wants to venture out but I'm nervous because she might get made fun of." I bit my lip, fidgeting with my fingers. Justin grabbed my hand. "She's going to be fine. I'm sure the lessons will adapt for her. There's deaf dancers that have become famous." He said and I nodded. "I'm confident that she'll do fine." He said before kissing my cheek.

I looked over at Marlowe and Justin to see him playing with her. He threw her up in the air and she laughed when he caught her. I smiled. When Marlowe's father left us, I was afraid I would never meet anyone. I met Justin as I was leaving an appointment with Marlowe. We talked and soon hit it off. Justin and Dodger are a great addition to the family. "Ready for school?" Justin signed to her and she nodded. "Are you coming with us?" She asked him and he smiled. "Yeah."

I pulled into the parking lot of the dance studio I looked into for Marlowe. "Ready?" Justin asked and I nodded before getting out. We walked inside and met the owner at the front desk. "You must be Ms. Hull. I'm Ms. Catherine." She said before shaking our hands. "When we talked on the phone, you said your daughter's deaf?" I nodded as she took us down the hall. She brought us into a studio where we saw little girls doing tap dancing. "Ms. Cassidy teaches kids 3-6 in tap, ballet, and jazz." She said and I nodded. "What does your daughter want to do?" "She wants to do ballet." I said to her. "I think she'll love it here."