t w e n t y f o u r

Emerson's POV:

I cried as I pushed through a contraction. "C'mon baby, you can do it." My mom said, holding my hand tightly. "Mom, it hurts!" I cried. "I know honey, I know." She kisses my forehead. "C'mon Em, one more push and she'll be here." The doctor said. I took in a deep breath before pushing with all of my might. I screamed from pain when I heard small cries. "Oh Emerson!" Mom smiled as they placed the small red baby on my chest. I watched as they cleaned her off. "She's beautiful." The nurse smiled. She wrapped two blankets around her and I stared at my baby.

This little one was my baby. I placed small kisses on the top of her head, wiping away some escaping tears. I looked at my mom and she wiped away tears too. "She's here."  I smiled. "I know." She smiled back. After they did tests with her, she came back in her bassinet. My dad and three sisters came to meet the baby. "She's so cute, what's her name?" My sister, Cameron, asked. "Marlowe Rose." I smiled at her.
•••

January 24, 2012 will always be a special day to me and my family. I given birth to a healthy 7 pound 5 ounce baby girl at 17 years old. Marlowe has changed my life. After becoming pregnant with my on again off again boyfriend, I knew that I had to give my baby girl this best life ever, rather it be with him, just me by myself, or with a completely different person. I would never trade Marlowe for anything in the world.

"Wow!" I smiled when we walked into the party room. She was having a Pink Superhero party. The tables were decorated for her entire class to sit along with a table full of presents. "This is so cute!" My mom smiled. I nodded and looked at her. "My first grandchild is 6." She grinned. "Don't make me cry." I chuckled. Mom hugged me.

"Happy birthday dear Marlowe, happy birthday to you!" We sang. We sang in sign language as well as singing it out loud. I told her to blow out the candles as she did as we "applauded". I cut enough slices for everyone to have a piece of cake and handed them out. I felt Marlowe hug me tightly and I smiled down at her. "Thank you." She smiled and I placed a kiss on her forehead. "You're welcome."