t w e l v e

Emerson's POV:

"Are you excited for picture day?" I asked Marlowe as I did her hair. She smiled and nodded. I was braiding a front piece of her hair and pinned it back. She was wearing a navy gingham long sleeved shift dress with yellow flowers around the collar. She also had on her brown boots. I put her onto the ground and she ran out of the bathroom. I followed her as she grabbed her bookbag. "Ready?" I asked and she nodded before going to the door. I grabbed her lunchbox as we left.

I was meeting up with Megan during lunchtime. We actually have a lot in common besides our daughters being deaf. I waved at her as I walked to where she was sitting. "Hey Em." She smiled and hugged me. "Hey." I smiled back and we both sat down. "Marlowe was talking about how much fun she had with Lily. We have to do another sleepover soon." She nodded. "I know. Lily wants to sleepover at your house next." She chuckled and I did too. After getting our food, we started eating. "Does Lily do any extra curricular's? I recently put Marlowe in ballet and she loves it." "Really? Lily does cheerleading with this special needs group. She loves it." I nodded. "We need to hang out more. My husband's a police officer so he has crazy hours." She said. "Yeah." I smiled. "Justin would like that." "Are you and Justin married?" She asked and I shook my head. "Not yet. We've been dating since Marlowe was one. I'm waiting for him to ask though." I smiled. She smiled too.

"Thanks for cooking dinner." I smiled at Justin. "You're welcome." He smiled back as we ate. As he talked to Marlowe, I sat and thought about what it would be like if Justin and I got married. He's such a great guy and a great father to Marlowe. I grabbed his hand as I continued to eat. He looked over at me and smiled.