Chapter Thirteen

Please read/comment/vote/fan!! Thanks:)!! Tomorrow I'll try and post the next chapter along with some names of things for youto check out. Who knows? You might even be on there!!

Chapter Thirteen

I woke up on sturday morning happy and full of life at the prospect of seeing Lucas again for a movie after lunch later. I had a broad grin on my face and jogged joyfully down the stairs to biscuts and gravy.

"Alright. I'll see you later. Bye." mom hung up her blackberry. She stare down at her plate.

"Your leg and arm are still doing well?" she asked.

"Havent bothered me for weeks." I told her, digging in. "Whats up with you?"

"Uh, god. Sara Welt quit her job. Something about taking a break, possibly moving. You know her son Lucas, right? He's in you're grade. But there's all this work left to do and her last photo shoot is today. She wants you and Lucas to do it-" but I'd stopped listening. Quit? Lucas? Moving? I wa going to hurl. I did, running to the trash can. I wiped my mouth on a paper towel and grabbe the home phone, speed dialing lucas' cell number.

"Hey, Tiffany." he sounded sad.

"Your moving!?" I started crying. "Thats not possible! How could you? I won't let you - I'll move with you! You can't leave me here!" I started crying uncontrolabaly. There was no way he could leave me. I sobbed, hanging up the phone. I ran up and dialed him on my iPhone so no one could listen in. It was already ringing. It wasn't Lucas, though. It was Parker.

"Parker I'll call you back." I sniffed.

"Are you okay?" he asked.

"Y-yeah. I'll call you back!"

"Ok-" I hung up: Lucas was calling.

"Lucas!" I answered it.

"Tiffany, I didn't know. I just found out. I'm so sorry! You have no idea how bad I feel." he said. I heard a bang in the background and I could imagine him slamming his fist into the dry wall.

"Lucas, you can't. You just cant." I said. "Im coming over." I added. I hung up an pulled on jeans and a tshirt, sliding my feet into six inch ankle booties and grabbed my keys, shoving my phone into my back pocket. I drove fast as I could, careful to take the back roads to avoid other cars. Icould feel Lucas alling my phone, because it was vibrating non stop. I skidded to a stop at the gate and was surprised when it opened. I sped in and ran to the front door. It opened and I threw my arms around lucas' neck, crying into his shoulder. I wrapped my legs around his hips, and he held onto me.

"Tiffany, come inside. Please?" I nodded. I loosene my legs and walked slowly inti the living room. There were suitcase in the room and his mom was hurridely packing. Packing frenzie.

"Lucas, go pack." she said not looking up. She didn't notice I was there until Lucas talked.

"Come on up, tiff." he said.

"Tiffany Thomas! Oh, it's sure nice to see you again." Sara Welt straightened up and looked at me sadly but with a smile plastered onto her model face. It looked out of place on her face.

"I wish I could say the same." I said truthfully. "But with the circumstances..." I trailed off, leaving it unfinished and depressing. Lucas took me upstairs. I sat on the end o his bed and watched him chuk things angrily into his suitcase. I noticed a hole in the red painted wall. That must've been where he'd vented his anger. I felt the tear tracks on my face drying.

"Lucas?"

"What?" he asked.

"Sorry, I-" he spun aroud.