Chapter 35 (Part Three)

Start from the beginning

"Who is it, Sammie?" For once in his life, Sam felt ready to plummet his uncle. Thankfully for Cody, his nephew has some mental discipline left in him. But Ben was still Ben and so he was the one to answer quickly with her name, Lucy.

"Wait really? The pair of you are actually a thing? Wait a moment.. does your mother know? Because I don't think she knows.."

"Will you both shut up and just don't talk about it please,"

"Ah I see her now. Wow she looks angry. What did you do, Sammie?" Cody asked as he went almost on tip-toe to look over his overly tall nephews toward where Lucy sat looking glum.

"Supposedly it was his fault. He needs to apologize or else.." Ben went on. Cody nodded in agreement.

"Boy, listen to your brother. He has learned the rule that all guys must learn at some point. Otherwise they will never get laid." The want to hit his uncle had suddenly grown exponentially to the point where he turned in toward his Uncle with a glare.

"If the pair of you keep looking at her, she's going to notice-"

"You mean like now?" Sam spun his attention over to her table and saw her glaring their way. Cody waved at her making her face go red and taking her glass with her, left the table in a huff of fury.

"Shit. I hate you both," Sam muttered as he walked off after her.

"Love you too nephew!" Cody called back.

"Ooh that rhymed!" Ben said excitedly. The pair of them laughed, clinked their glasses and then downed the rest of the beer happily.

Lucy on the other hand was down right furious at Sam. First she told him her thoughts which he had been begging to hear her tell him and then he shut her down, calling her insane to think such things. And then, when she had told him the one thing that made her the most upset, the families gossiping about her and him, he went ahead and told Cody, like the smart ass he was.

She was over it. She was done. She hated him. Lucy was done right pissed off with ever looking at him in any light other then brother of friend: no touchy.

She walked out into a fenced off garden area filled with boxes from the restaurants turned around the garden. There was a wall a little over six feet high and next to it a bench, easily climbable.

It wasn't like she didn't know that Sam was coming for her. Of course he would. Cody would make him go talk to her. And she was really not in the mood to hear some screwed up apology at the moment. So, instead of waiting in the garden for him to come find her, she climbed up on the bench and with a large jump up, pulled herself over the fence and jumped out to the other side. She had just made it over when she heard him mutter from the garden "You have got to be kidding me, Lucy."

That seemed to help Lucy's pride a bit. She walked off, along the edge between the two buildings hoping to get lost in the crowd of people before he got over the fence and was close to doing so when he of course ended up right next to her in the street with tourists all around.

"If you are here to say some stupid apology that you don't even mean then keep it to yourself. I don't want to hear it," She muttered darkly. Sam was a little surprised at her knowledge of his plan but also a little relieved.

"Truth is, I don't want to apologize to you. I did nothing wrong."

"If telling Cody about my drama is not wrong to you then let me tell you-"

"Oh stop being a drama queen. I didn't tell him, Ben did. Do you honestly see me telling him about your self-conscious thoughts?" Lucy's turned to glare back at Sam.