Chapter 14

*Jade POV*

"I must be in a room full of idiots." Ms. Olive exclaimed as she marched into the studio this afternoon. The class exchanged uncomfortable looks, a few eyes looking my way only to be shot down by one of my glares.

"I think I remember warning you all or rather, begging you all to not do anything stupid this halloween. I didn't want to come back to this! A group of makeshift drunks that call themselves dancers and the main dancer sitting in a corner with a concussion!" Ms. Olive finished with angered energy. A few classmates, Drew and Rebecca to be specific, looked at the teacher with hurt expressions. I just felt a bit mortified that I was not a part of the drunk mess.

Ms. Olive payed no attention to the hurt looks of her dancers but rather sat down in her chair in silence and placed a hand on her face.

The silence, a sound I have come to enjoy in my life time, for once made me feel claustrophobic and uneasy. Fuck.

Finally to the entire class's relief, Ms. Olive spoke again. But it didn't really uplift our consciences.

"There is only six more weekend rehearsals until the show. Our rehearsals during the week are great and all but we don't get as much done in them as those done on Saturdays. We still have not finished choreographing a portion of the performance. The last thing I needed was this. You all are major role models for my students below this class and when they hear about all of your mistakes from Halloween..." She stopped and looked over at me.

"Jade, although I know that you should be well by the performance I am placing the understudy to work." She then turned to Allison who stood off by her barre looking meek as always.

"Allison I mean you. Continue working on Arabian but now you must also join all the rehearsals involving Clara, understood?" If I thought Allison's face could go any whiter, I was wrong. The girl looked like a sheet now.

"As for the rest of you," Ms. Olive continued, looking around the room at the surprised faces of her dancers, "I do not intend to show any mercy on this whole "come into class hung-over" situation. We will still do our normal turns and partnering so if you all please, first position, lets start pliés."

There was silence from the dancers as the music started and elite got into position. This left me to watch miserably from the side lines. No dancer likes to sit and just watch a class. Especially if the dancer can dance everything that is being shown. But I got over this feeling shortly after seeing Maddie go green during her tenth fouette.

Lucy was fine the entire time. She danced like she normally did and showed no signs of drinking but that did not mean she was happy. Ever since my dad found her with Sam, Lucy walked around in a dark cloud. To say she was embarrassed is an understatement. When I tried to calm her down over the whole ordeal she held up a certain finger and turned her back. I took that as a sign that I should continue to bother her about said topic throughout the week. But as she danced I was happy to see some relief come to her. Even if it was microscopic in observation.

Alice, the lucky bastard, was perfectly fine. She had gotten away with no concussion and since she did not wake up on one of my brothers, her parents did not ground her so she was a free bird.

When turns turned into partnering I had my stomach do a cartwheel when Todd walked on over to me and sat down on the bench next to me.

"What are you doing here?" I asked in my normal monotone, trying my best to not show that I really really did not want him to be near me. Todd lay back so that his back was on the mirror and gave me a look, his eyes gave me their quizzical look over making me quickly look back to the dancers on the floor. Maybe if I didn't interact with "it" then "it" would go away.