Chapter 10

"There's a video."

"No there isn't. The twins are lying through their teeth again just to get cookies from us. Don't listen to them Scar."

"Oh I know but I also know that since Jade is Clara she will have to smile on stage like a happy child so it's bound to happen." I responded rather optimistically. Clary rolled her eyes and turned back to her roller skates.

"There are multiple chances for us to see her smile. Last rehearsal does not have to be the time to see Jade made a complete scene for the entire studio." Clary responded assuredly but I couldn't agree.

"Dude, the chance of us ever seeing her act on stage is already small thanks to this. "I said pointing toward my roller skates still tightly tied to my feet. She looked at me for a solid moment before looking back at her feet and silently pulling off her last skate.

"Do you think Olive will still let us dance if we keep missing her rehearsals?" I asked meekly as my right foot finally was taken out of the skate. Clary chuckled to herself.

"You know the answer to that one already Scar. Why would you want to hear the answer allowed?" I made a mumbled answer of I-don't-know and I-don't-believe-it. Thankfully, Clary got my drift.

"Scar if you feel bad about skipping rehearsal then why don't you just drop roller derby? I'm sure the girls will understand." That made me turn and glare at my sister.

"Oh really Clary? Do you honestly believe that piece of bullshit that you just said?" This made her laugh although her attention was no longer on her skates or me but rather her phone.

"Okay fine. Fine. If you're feeling so bad about all of this, why don't we skip this next week's derby rehearsal, alright? It will even everything out." I nodded and continued to chuck my left roller skate as far from my aching legs as possible.

"Who are you texting?" I asked. Claire gave me a side look making me quirk up in a small smile.

"Tell him I say hi."

"Fuck off."

"Make me." Clary shifted herself to face me completely with one of her roller skates in her hands.

"I will bash your head in. Don't think I won't. Then I can gloat that I am the prettier twin." This made me roll my eyes and retreat to grabbing my left skate from across the room.

"So was that text really from him?" I asked.

"No. Mom wants us to pick Aria up from school. Supposedly, she is still there practicing for the school play auditions." I turned back around, skate in hand, and gave my sister a knowing look.

"You don't honestly think she's going to get the part, do you?" Scar shrugged.

"At least she's found another outlet to focus her energy on. We don't need another mishap like last year." I returned to my black candy bag and dropped my skates in before pulling the bag over my shoulder.

"I still say we make the twins cookies for that video." Clary rolled back on her feet with a sigh but otherwise said nothing to the negative, making my plans for making butter cookies with frosting solid.

Todd POV

"Hey! Wait up guys!" I turned around to see the one and only Phil running awkwardly down the slope to where we now stood waiting for him.

"You made it!" David called out in greeting as Phil slowed to a walk next to us.

"He was still late." Andrew muttered causing Phil to frown and Dan to momentarily glare.