Chapter 20

*Todd POV*

In the afternoon light, the Landrith residence looked much more welcoming then it did on Halloween night. Must be the fact that it was snowing which made the brick house with black lining look so comfortable.

As I got out of the car I was welcomed to the off white slush of melting snow and ice. I quickly raced up to the house, keeping on the shoveled path so as to not get into the few feet of snow now littering the lawn. 

Once reaching the front door, I soon found the feeling of "comfy home" changed once I was greeted by a teen with a large cheshire grin on her face. This of course was not the strangest thing about the girl. Her hair was a neon purple that lightened up her blue eyes as they looked me up and down amusingly. Was I seriously being checked out by a small teenager? 

"Hi there buddy. My name's Aria." She said with a jumpy spirit to my surprise. I stood there, unsure of what to say while she turned around and screamed up the stairs for Jade. Another girl stood at the stairs with very different features from Aria. She looked a little older too, and after giving Aria a questionable look, she turned to me and offered her hand.

"Don't mind Aria. She's just a bit hyper thanks to my mom's Starbucks treats. I'm Cici by the way. I'm in Bianca's host family." I nodded in recognition and shook her hand before being lead into the hall.

The sound of movement was heard from the stairs as Lucy descended them with a grin on her face. She gave me a wave before jumping down the last steps, bumping into Aria purposefully as she went by. Jade followed behind Lucy in fast quick steps, her face slightly red and her eyes averted from everyone in the room.

"So where are you guys going?" Aria asked, from the wall where Lucy was now very purposefully smashing the purple girl into with all her weight. That was not strange or anything.

"We're going to an ice fair out in the town over. Ever heard of it?" I asked, trying to pretend how easily Lucy was making the conversation difficult for both me and Aria.

"Oooh is that the one with the fire breathing dragon ice sculpture?" Lucy asked, interested. She was still cornering Aria into back next to an old father clock that looked dangerously close to being bumped over by a raging Aria. I nodded and was happy to see Jade perk up at that.

"What type of fair is this?" She asked, her eyes narrowing to look at me. 

"It's a little different from your normal fair. You'll see." I noticed Jade relax a bit at this, making my idea about whether or not she would be nervous true.

"El, your daughter is leaving!" A woman's voice called from the kitchen. She walked out and to my surprise a model looking cougar of a woman walked out into the entry way, smiling over at me quizzically. 

I was not sure whether or not she was judging me or my clothes seeing as she was looking me up and down just as much as the purple headed Aria was a moment ago. Was she now checking me out? What the hell is wrong with this house?

"Oooh I'm coming. Give me a fucking moment." I gapped at the doorway where that response was resounding from but before I could see who spoke, Jade grabbed me by the arm and dragged me to the door, which was opened by Aria who had finally gotten away from Lucy.

"Have fun you freaks." She exclaimed, winking at me strangely as we left. I waved once more at the crowd looking out the door before turning back to Jade who had finally let go of my arm.

"What was that for?" I asked, grinning again, as Jade quick-walked to my car. She gave a side glance my way.

"The last person I needed you to meet today is my mother. Trust me."