Chapter 16

Thanksgiving is a joyous occasion. Made to share the love of family and the compassion for friends in every hour of that very special day. Many families find this time perfect and charming. Children express their love for each other and parents provide a wonderful meal to enjoy with the whole family.

Unfortunately not all families follow this strict idea of thanksgiving. All families do try to make this occasion a special and close one, but not all families are adapt enough to control the insanity that can commence.

*Lucy POV*

"Turn around, let me see!" I did a ballet twirl in front of the mirror, watching my silver dress fan out around me until I stopped to face my audience.

Mom, Auntie Aubrey, and Aunt Marty sat on my bed, smiling thick as thieves.

"What?" I asked, eyeing them.

"You look so much like grandma, it's scary." Aunt Marty stated, making mom elbow her in the gut.

"Ignore her. You look great." Auntie Aubrey stated. The door to my bathroom opened revealing grandma holding a pair of pearls in her hands.

"How about you three put a can in it! You look just like me Lucy and you look lovely! Now here, put these on." She demanded, handing me the pearls. I glanced at my mother and my Aunts to see that they were smirking deviously at one another.

My grandmother turned back to the bathroom.

"Amelia, tell your mother to put a can in it, won't you?" My 19 year old cousin took a step out of the bathroom, her mascara still in her left hand.

"Come on mom. You have not even had wine yet." Aunt Marty raised her glass of wine as proof that her daughter was wrong and then went ahead and took another sip.

"Too Late!" Amelia gave me a look which made me shrug in exasperation before she turned back to the mirror in the bathroom.

Grandma looked around the room and sighed.

"Where's your little daughter Aubrey? She must be here instead of playing outside with Joe."

"Colleen is downstairs with dad, mom. Let her be." Auntie Aubrey stated casually making grandma wave her hands and turn back to the bathroom.

I turned to the mirror and paused to look at myself as the pearls went over my head. Thanks to grandma coming over, I looked more like I came out of a J.Crew catalog rather then my normal Hot Topic look.

Thank goodness the Landriths won't see me like this.

Jade POV

"Shit, I look good." Aria commented as she stared at herself in the mirror. She wore a long black dress with thigh high cuts on the sides only half stitched up, revealing a far amount of skin. It looked like a normal Aria outfit to me.

"Hey, is that mine?"

"No, yours is the skull candy one. Mine is the red roses. Remember?" Clary cut in, as her sister Scar, looked at her daringly. They both were wearing similar dresses but at present were fighting over the statement necklace hooked over Clary's neck.

"Well I like that one better." Scar replied smugly.

"Well too bad. It's mine."

"Where the fuck is Jade?" I turned to see Ivy in the hallway, wearing only one black stiletto, the other in her hand. Her fish net tights were running down her leg and her plaid dress was wrinkled from her rushing. I slowly slinked off the bed and walked over to the hallway where Ivy could see me.