Chapter 35 (Part Three)

The splash of color to the wedding party was fantastic to most, annoying to some, and a horror to others. Eddie's family consisted of the others. And while Sara was not entirely pleased to get red water to splat across her Ralph Lauren dress, she couldn't help but laugh as she saw both Sam and Ben corner her husband at the edge of the cliff and get him drenched in every color of the rainbow.

Jade ran for her life against Lucy who had a new flare of red to her face that only seemed to make her more intimidating to Rosie's eyes as she watched the commotion go on with little fanfare. James and Daniel were watching all of this while joking about pushing Cody over the edge if it wasn't dangerous.

And Eleonora had her lady in staff stand directly in front of her so as to take most of the colored water.

When the wedding transferred over to the reception, all the bridesmaids looked multicolored with only a little bit of white left to show on their dresses. Zoë's skin and part of her dress held the color of the water, making her look even more radiant after the ceremony and Eddie was crying like a baby, saying he was so happy. Cody, Ben and Sam stood judging him from a corner, unsure how their band of brothers could allow such a pip squeak into their clan.

The reception was held in an open courtyard, hosted by a catering company, known for making excellent fish and chips, so naturally, that was the main food on the menu. Eleonora was not exactly pleased with how cheap this idea was but stopped talking moments after she had finished her first plate and went on for a second.

Lucy sat almost totally mute next to her parents while she watched the rest of the Emerson clan write out speeches to each other and mock one another over glasses of champagne and vodka. While her parents noticed the change in tide, neither of them asked her anything, knowing that Lucy always preferred to be angry in quiet. Over on the opposite side of the party, everyone except Ben did not notice Sam's change in mood. It got to the point where his family was so bluntly unaware of his mood that it made him feel even worse which only prompted Ben to drag Sam away from the mess of dinner and get a drink with him. Sam was not in the mood to drink but was fine with leaving the table where he had been watching Jade spend the majority of her time chatting it up to Todd, unaware of her friend sitting quietly with her own family alone.

"What did you do?" Ben asked after getting a pint of beer that he was now only too happy to sip on as he watched his brother. Sam shrugged idly as he watched the people around them, mostly family from Eddie's side.

"Pissed off Lucy."

"And?" Ben went on. Sam turned on his brother, unsure of what else to say.

"Nothing. We are just angry at each other."

"Did you apologize?" Ben asked. Sam shook his head.

"There's nothing to apologize over-"

"Lucy is a girl. There is always something to apologize over. If she's upset just apologize. It doesn't matter if you're in the wrong or if she is, just apologize. It'll make you both feel better." Sam was eyeing his brother in complete disarray.

"When did you become the master about apologizes? Ben took a big swing of his beer before answering the question.

"Do you want to know how many late night calls I've had with Cici so far that just consisted of her explaining the mind of a girl? It is a terrifyingly large number. So apologize to her. She will like you better afterwards."

"Who likes Sam after this?" Cody had appeared, still damp from the water gun battle but in just as good spirits as before. A glass of half filled beer was in one hand and a piece of fish was in the other. He was all smiles as he came up to his favorite nephews.