Chapter 35 (Part One)

The end of March's madness brought our characters into a head rush of activities the moment April arrived.  The true catalyst that made everyone suddenly find themselves outside of the United States was when Zoë Emerson sent out her true wedding invitations, inviting everyone (if they could afford it) to attend her wedding in Dublin, Ireland in early April where she planned to marry her naive fiancé, Eddie. 

Ivy was the one to announce the news to Lucy and her family one early Sunday morning when half of the residents had yet to get up for the morning when she barged through the door and proceeded to hand out invites to Lucy who was mid coffee break, and Rosie who was still rubbing the sleep from her eyes. 

"Where's your brother?" Lucy only had to point to the ceiling for Ivy to rush upstairs, giving Rosie and Lucy a chance to look at the wedding invites scribbled in black sharpie on printer paper titled for the whole family. 

"Can we go?" Lucy asked with sharp excitement as her eyes fell on the destination. Rosie had by this point read the invite twice down before looking at her daughter with resigned acceptance.

"Do you think we have a choice in the matter?"

Suddenly a loud crash was heard from directly above us mixed with the high pitched voice of Ivy demanding Daniel to get up and Daniel responding in the negative before another crash was heard.

Moments later, James came stepping out of his room with a scowl on his face.

"There better be a good reason as to why one of them is here, Rosie." Before his wife could answer, Lucy held up the invite to his face as he joined them at the table and she half squealed as she told him the news. 

While Ivy directed the news to Daniel, Jade was quick to call Todd and ask him to be her plus one.

"Ireland? That's pretty intense," Todd muttered as he sat up out of bed with the phone balancing between his shoulder and ear as he reached for his watch.

"Yes but when is my family not intense? Tell me you'll be there." 

"You're parents would not want me there, Jade. You know that." Jade scoffed at this and turned to Satine who had decided at that moment to hop on her bed. 

"They will get over it. And my mother will be too drunk to notice."

"How much would a ticket be? I probably can't afford it." Jade expected this response so she was quick to grab her great-grandmother's number written on a sticky note for him.

"I have a way for you to come here free of charge and may possibly also give you a free pass around my parents. There is only one condition." Todd sat up out of bed and walked to his window, his phone now held in his hand, his mind was racing through possible conditions that the Emerson's could create for him.

"How terrible is this condition you've come up with?" Jade smiled down at her Eleonora's number wickedly.

"Terrible. But the plan is perfectly seal proof. I promise."

When spring break hit for Jade, Alice, Lucy and all the other siblings, parents were quick to have everyone's bags packed and within days everyone was flying out to Dublin, in  await of what was hopefully going to be a great wedding.

Of course, within an hour of touch down, the following things happened:

1) Todd arrived in a private plane 

2) Said private plane was Eleonora's and she flew alongside him and Cody and Elle's mother, Emily. 

3) Elle and Cody went on to have a hissy fit about not being invited on the flight while Rob stared down a beaming Jade.