Chapter 8

*Jade POV*

It has been a week since I was chained down to the news of being Clara. Since then my life has been depressing in the least enjoyable way possible.

First I came home to find my family and Lucy's family there with a huge cake saying "Congrats For Getting Clara!" written in dark purple icing. Not only did I not want attention for this whole thing, but also its course of reaction to Lucy. I knew Lucy wanted Clara more than anything. None of us expected me to get the part, but there we were celebrating my accomplishment while Lucy tried to hold it together.

The worst part was the Lucy did not speak to me after the parts came out. And by the looks of things, if it was not for her whole family being there, she would not have stayed. This of course, not counting how she left shortly after being served a piece of cake that said CL on it.

Then to make things even better, my brothers heard the news of my outrageous accomplishment and took matters into their hands to decorate my room with pink streamers and fake flowers and the worst of all: My bunny had a pink tutu on.

Even Satine had to suffer for Clara.

And what did I get from all of this late one night?

I was going to make Clara my bitch.

But first I needed to set things right with Lucy. How to do so? Do another dreaded thing in my books. Spend mother daughter time with mom.

We all know that my mother and Rosie are inseparateable and if she hears that Lucy hates me, she won't stand it and will make Rosie talk to Lucy. And unlike me, Lucy actually does a good job with mother daughter time then with my mom and I.

Case in point:

Today I decided to start my plan and see if it all would work. It was Sunday, and while dad was in the kitchen trying to make something out of a skinny mother's cookbook for our dinner, Mom sat in the living room sewing in a new pair of point shoes while watching an old episode of Supernatural on Netflix. When I reached the living room, she paid little attention to me because at that very moment one of the characters on the screen had just been shot multiple times.

"Shit." Mom said quietly first.

"FUCKING SHIT." She said again, this time flinging her pointe shoe straight ahead, nearly missing the tv screen.

"Who died this time?" Rob called from the kitchen.

"Dean."

"Again?"

"YES ROB, AGAIN!"

I starting to think of retreating and coming back when my mother was not on an emotional roller coaster.

"Give it another episode, Elle. They always come back." My mom rolled her eyes and then turned to me.

"Why are you haunting the hallway like that?" She asked, eyeing me curiously. A knot in my stomach became very tight at that moment as I was suddenly not sure how to approach this.

"Uh-mm." I started, looking up at the ceiling and then down at my mom who was starting to frown and then quickly away from her.

"Can I speak to you?" I asked, cautiously. Mom gave a strange look.

"That's what we are doing now." She started. At that moment, Dad walked out of the kitchen, heading for his room. As he passed he causally patted my head and said allowed: "Elle she wants mother talk. Have fun." And then, just like that, disappeared leaving the room with so much awkward tension that I know seriously regretted this plan.