Chapter 3

*Lucy POV*

"What's the matter with you Jade?"

Jade paid little attention to the miniature Barbie doll who stood in the middle of the girl's dressing room staring at Jade as she stomped in, still red from the aftermath of the car.

I followed in after her alongside Alice; both of us smiling like the little dirty freaks we were at annoying Jade once again.

The Barbie Doll, Drew turned to us, still confused as to what was wrong with Jade but we both ignored her.

Drew was known for always wanting to know everything when it came to drama. I'm sure she spends most of her day just watching people for drama to appear for her to watch. Seeing as she has barely any friends, I wouldn't be surprised.

I dropped my bag down at one of the white benches and grabbed my dance uniform before turning to one of the stalls.

After getting changed in my black leo, I started my hair. By this time, Jade was already at the big mirror alongside Allison, another girl in our class. She also wore her black leo and was in the middle of pinning back her gold curls. She gave me a shy smile as I sat down next to her but apart from that gave little notice of my arrival.

Jade was in the middle of taking off her black lipstick, her hair was already up in a big ballet bun. Ms. Olivia had a rule for the amount of makeup we all wore. Black lipstick was one of the rule breakers to Jade's upmost annoyance. Of course Jade didn't always wear black lipstick, but when she did for school, she had to take it off again before dance.

Ten minutes later we were all in the main studio waiting for the teacher to come in. Jade, Alice and I stood by the three barres in the right corner, the best place to be in my opinion. Still by their bags stood Rebecca and her good friend, Maddie. Maddie was an army brat, who had just moved over to the area last summer and became quick friends with Rebecca. Rebecca was the average student and dancer ratio. Sometimes she was in class, sometimes she was not.

Then there was Alison who stood by her own barre in the middle of the ring of barres. She was known as the quiet but brilliant one. She was a good dancer, and Ms. Olivia loved her to death making it seem only right that everyone believe she was the best in the class. In fact, I'm sure she would have been had it not been for her discomfort in dancing on stage in front of such an audience. Her stage fright has caused her on multiple occasions to drop out of competitions last minute causing Ms. Olivia to not trust her in giving her solos.

Then there was Drew; the baby of the studio. She was thirteen, by far the youngest of the pre-pro's. Thankfully she was not the world's best dancer or anything like that. She just comes from a family of money that allows her to go to the upper classmen intensive camps that makes her learn multiple things in a summer, thus causing her to skip a grade and come up to pre-pro.

Everyone at the studio below pre-pro hated her and everyone in pre-pro ignored her. Not the best place to be in a dance studio.

Finally there was the three of us: Jade, Alice, and myself.

Alice danced because it kept her away from home, and also to spend more time with Jade and myself who lived at the studio.

Jade was here because her mother placed her in ballet and also because of her older sister Ivy. Ivy had graduated from this school and was already in a company out in Seattle. Because of this big legacy, Elle, Jade's mother, took it upon herself to place her other daughter in dance in hopes of she too becoming a ballerina. Unfortunately for all of them, Jade had no plan to become a dancer. She just did it to please her mom.