{Prologue} Easter Brunch

A few months later

*Ding Dong*

"Rosie can you get that?" James called from upstairs. I quickly placed the stove mitt down on the counter before walking toward the door.

The doorbell rang again making me roll my eyes as I opened the door to find Elle, Rob and little Ivy waiting in the door way expectantly.

When I opened the door Elle had the biggest grin before saying:

"Happy Hanukah!" Rob rolled his eyes before walking in and giving me a hug. Ivy toddled behind him in a navy blue dress with her light curls bouncing around her. This left Elle to walk in herself carrying a bottle of wine that she handed me happily. I looked at it and then back at her with surprise at the sudden gift but she only winked and continued to walk into the house.

I had just closed the door when I heard footsteps on the stair well and turned to find James carrying Daniel. James took one look at me holding the bottle of alcohol before showing an identical expression of confusion.

"Elle." I responded as I walked over to him and took Daniel out of his hands and gave the bottle of wine to him instead.

"Go put that somewhere while I bring Daniel to them." James walked off toward the cellar while I started toward the kitchen, handing Daniel his stuffed Dog toy as we walked. Once in the living room and kitchen area I heard Ivy screaming over something and Rob trying but obviously failing to comfort her. I saw Ivy in tears, holding a beheaded teddy bear in her hands next to Rob who sat next to her, stroking her hair and trying to calm her down. Elle was on the couch reading a magazine.

I frowned down at the family and then turned to Daniel, who looked curiously around the room.

Daniel had dark hair that was highlighted with light brown eyes, the same eyes as his mother. His face for a baby already showed his happy nature of being a giggling baby. With this being said, seeing this new family before him with a baby just like him, crying, made Daniel look about excitedly.

So excitedly, in fact, that he started to kick me begging to be let down to explore for himself. Slowly I lowered Daniel to the grown and then watched as he quickly crawled over to the crying Ivy with Dog-Dog in his arm.

Standing back up, I walked over to Elle who was still sitting comfortably on my new coach.

"Elle. Shouldn't you be helping Rob?" I asked, crossing my arms. She looked up from the magazine in her hands and shook her head before looking over at Rob and Ivy.

"Rob handles her so much better than I do Rosie. I am not one to handle babies." I sat down on the coach next to her and took the Land's End Magazine out of her hands.

"Are you afraid of Ivy, Elle?" Elle looked toward me frowning.

"No!"

"Yes she is." James argued. I turned around and saw James walking into the living room. Elle gave him a look before looking back at Ivy.

"Ivy just has not connected to me like Daniel has to you Rosie. Ivy likes Rob better so I'll leave him to helping her."

I looked over at Elle's seldom expression and then at Ivy who now sat with her beheaded teddy bear and... Daniel?

Daniel and Ivy were staring at each other, both of which had their stuffed animals in their hands. Ivy, who still had tears running down her red face, showed Daniel her teddy bear. Daniel returned the gesture with his Dog-Dog. This seemed to soften Ivy's sad expression because she quickly scooted closer to Daniel to look at his stuffed animal.