Chapter 27-(Austria)

Lucy POV

December 21st loomed over my quickly enough and before I knew it I was all packed and ready for the christmas trip with Eleonora and her great grandchildren. Jade and I kept running back and forth to each others houses more often than usual, asking each other questions about what clothes you are bringing or how many jackets are you bringing. I froze momentarily when Jade asked me where I planned to place all the christmas presents for everybody in my luggage.

This led to my mother and me rushing to the mall the day before I left in search of presents for everyone joining me on the trip. 

When the 20th of December came along, I was ready to go. My bags were packed, my new coat from Madewell was hanging on it's hanger by my bed, ready to be worn on the way to the airport.

My plane ticket scheduled me to leave Seattle at 6pm and arrive in Austria at 3pm on the 21st. This meant that I had to be comfortable enough to sleep through the plane ride since I was going to be there for over twelve hours and then have to finish off my day in Austria, a place that is nine hours ahead of Washington state. 

Dad ended up driving me to the airport where, after a while of searching and eventually calling Jade, I found the Emerson crowd sitting comfortably in United's Members only club, a place Mrs. Eleonora Emerson always rested at before walking to her flight.

"I guess you are in safe hands then, huh Luce?" Dad stated with some suppressed amusement as he looked at the entrance to the United Club where Jade, and her brothers happened to be sitting nearby eating what looked like sushi from glass plates. 

I gave my dad a hug for good bye and then joined the Emerson kids with the sushi while Mrs. Eleonora sat on a nice chair with her feet up while going through her list of things that need to happen before she enters the plane with Marie, who sat on the coach beside her with her iPad at the ready. Mrs. Eleonora's guard stood by her luggage by the bar where he sat drinking something from a glass.

During this time, I had my early dinner and for entertainment got to see Ben eat a giant portion of wasabi, making him turn red in the face and then almost vomit before Sam felt a small sense of empathy and gave him the glass of cold milk.

Right before boarding was supposed to end for our flight, Eleonora decided that it was time for us to board our flight and so I was able to maybe for the only time in my life, walk up to the flight desk, passing all those in flight classes below our own, and enter right away into the plane, taking seats set up for us in first class. Jade and I were seated together and Ben and Sam sat in the row next to us. Eleonora was in the first row in her own seat with no person sitting next to her, something that Jade stated might have been done thanks to Eleonora paying for that empty seat to place her luggage on. That and so that no one else sat next to her.

I wish to strive to be that extra in accomplishing my goals to be that introverted. 

Upon landing in Vienna, Austria, I was beyond tired and ready to murder Ben and Sam. For, during the flight, while Jade and I tried to sleep in our chairs while watching  the newest superhero movie, the boys kept asking the stewardess, who is supposed to give them anything they asked for no matter how many times they asked for it,  popcorn and coffee. This meant that while Jade and I tried to sleep, the twins were getting hyped on caffeine and snacks until low and behold they started to play the game: How many popcorn kernels does it take to cause one of the girls to look up at us.

Before exiting the plane, Jade and I had to pick old buttery Popcorn kernels from our hair and clothes, something we were both pissed off about.

But that was of course just the plane ride.