Chapter 22

Dylan's POV

"So your father's loaded huh." Ashley said as she played with my belly button. We were resting on her room while waiting for my father and her parents and guest was eating dinner.

"Yep!"

"There's so many things that I don't know about you." She whispered.

"Ditto!"

"Come on! Have you become a one word person?"

"Yes?" And that earned me a slap to the arm.

"Ouch!" Still playing the one word game.

"Say something!" She whined which was very cute.

"Something?" I teased and laughed.

"Grrr!" She growled and it was so cute that I can't stop laughing! "I'll get you for that!" She then straddle me and stared to poke my sides. If she's trying to tickle me, then she will fail miserably because I'm not ticklish.

"What are you doing?" I teased more.

When she saw my reaction, she pouted and made face. "I'm trying to tickle you!"

"Oh!!!" And in one swift motion, our position was reversed. She was now under me. "You mean this!" My finger started tickling her sides and she used every force to stop me but it was futile. I was too strong for her.

"Stop! Ha! Ha! Ha!" Her laughter was so addictive. I'll do anything to hear them forever. "You win! I surrender!"

When I stopped my attack, our eyes met. She wrapped her arms around me as we both lean in for a kiss.

We were in the heat if the moment when we both heard a chopper. Finally, my dad arrived.

"Time to meet my dad!"

"Okay!" She said but I felt her tense.

"Don't worry! He already liked you. He was actually bothering me to meet you." Those words made her relax.

We looked at the yard from her veranda and saw the head butler welcomed my dad. Based on his reaction, he was shocked to see the man in front of him.

Her parents and the jerks were also waiting in the den. Teas were served. The adults were smoking while the jerk watched. Based on how he licked his lips, he wanted one too but to afraid to ask.

Finally, my father was brought to the den and everyone was shocked to see him.

Currently, in this room was the owner of the largest pharmaceutical company and heavy industries in the world, Alexander Kramer.

"Dad!" I stood up and greeted him with a kiss. "You made it!"

"Of course! It's a very rare opportunity when my daughter ask for my help. I'll drop anything for you." He said.

"I hope I didn't pull you out in anything important."

"Nah... I was just playing golf with the president. Nothing special." He humbly said but I knew better. He was trying to boast while being polite.

"The president?" The other people said.

"Yes! The president. Anything wrong?"

"Nothing!"

"Ok." He then went to greet Ash. "You must be Ashley. You're so gorgeous child, no wonder my little cub was so smitten by you." We both blushed at his words. He then clapped his hands and said "So when's the wedding?"

"Dad!" Good thing it was impossible to blush harder.

"The end of the month!" The jerk butt in.

"Interesting! You where would you two like you have your honeymoon? I can lend you the private jet to go around the world."

"No! They are not getting married! Ashley's marrying me."

"Oh..." My dad made a confused and funny face. If I'd know better, he already knew all the information and was just playing along.

"For the million time Chris! I'm not marrying you!" Ashley yelled.

"It's already settled Ash! You're stuck with me!" The jerk doesn't seem to get the picture, hell he doesn't even know my father.

"Chris! Come on... Let's go! There are a lot of woman out there." His dad finally spoke. He seemed to know who he's against to.

"But dad!"

"Enough! Let's go!" He then walked out.

"Okay... what just happened?" My dad was still playing along. He's enjoying the reaction of Ashley's parents.

"Cut the act dad!" He laughed so hard the we all laugh. "Now that those people are gone, we can proceed with much more serious stuff." He finally took a seat and settled down. "I'll save your company in one condition." They nodded. "You'll give your daughter freedom to be with who she wanted to be."

"You are not proposing a marriage?" Her mother asked.

"It's very clear that they are in love with each other but marriage isn't the answer to everything. When the time's come, and if they really wanted to, then they already have my blessings." My father's word touched my heart. My mother and I were really lucky to have him. "Now that everything's settled, I need to go. Take care of yourself cub! And it was nice to finally meet you Ashley." And with that my father stormed off.

"Sir, Ma'am... I would like to formally ask your permission to date your daughter." I humbly said.

"Do I have a choice?" Was her mother's rude response before she took off.

"I still don't approve of my daughter's sexuality but if she's happy and you have my permission and I'm very sorry for the event's that happened today." He then followed his wife. At least his father was more open than her mother!

"What now?" Ashley asked.

"Are you still up for a slumber party at my place?"

"Hell yeah! I'll call An and Dan!" She then took off and I sat back in a chair.

We may have won the battle but I am having this feeling that the war isn't over.