Chapter 14

Dylan's POV

My blood screamed in excitement as I roared this beast to the fullest. It's really been a long time since I had this sensation. My dark blue customized helmet with headset helped me communicate with Dan and provides protection to my face. My riding suit protected my body body from the wind that slices like blade. It's really been a while since I've felt so alive.

"So... how is it?" I heard my cousin said. She was watching me from her pick-up that was parked near the light house. I still can't believed that she actually boarded her pick-up in the boat just to bring me the bike. And it was a great bike. It was built for road but it's doing great in rocky soil.

"It's amazing! I can't wait to try it on the road! I'm definitely going to kick some ass tomorrow!" I said with enthusiasm. It was very tempting to ride this baby all day and skip school.

School...

I won't be able to avoid the inevitable therefore it's no use to skip again. Besides, I need to graduate with the highest rank as promised.

I made a wheely upon nearing my cousin's truck. "Woohoo!" I yelled from the top of my lungs and since no one's really around, I screamed and screamed until I tire myself.

"A complete mood changer huh!" She closed her laptop and lowered the ramp. I then maneuvered the bike up. "So can we go back to civilization now? My wifi signal here sucks! And you know how much I hated slow connection."

I laughed at her complain. She'll never be able survive a day without wifi. "I'll just get my stuff then we can go."

"Make sure to hurry up!" She yelled.

"Don't worry! I'm not a slowpoke like you!" She then gave me a tongue and an eye roll. Maybe I should refrain from teasing her as I don't want to walk to the port.

Friday morning and I was awaken by a burnt smell. "Shit!" I ran downstairs and saw my cousin trying to control the small fire in the pan. I hurriedly got the fire extinguisher and help her. "What the hell are you doing?"

"Sorry!" She said while coughing. "I was trying to make breakfast." Her face was blackened by the smoke and she really looked funny.

I laugh.

"This is no laughing matter! I almost burned your house." She yelled then slumped down near the kitchen center island. "Geeeh... I'm a certified genius but I can't even cook a simple meal."

I took a seat in front of her and tried to comfort her. "Hey... It's okay. You don't need be great at everything."

"But I have to!" She yelled at my face. I wonder where her frustration was coming from. It's unlike her to made an effort to do domestic chores like cooking. "I need to..." She added.

I sighed. My cousin and I were both stubborn and if we want something then we do everything to get it. "I'll teach you then. But not today. Big day remember?"

She wiped her tears and her face lit up. "Let's order breakfast then."

"Well... I need to go to school, so you order breakfast and I'll just get mine at school."

After less than thirty minutes, I'm all dressed up for work. Dan was watching some cartoon. I took a second look at my burned kitchen and sighed in defeat. "I really loved my kitchen... "

Humming to the tune that's being played in the radio while waiting for the green light, I was surprised by a sudden crash. I looked behind and I saw a car tail bumped me. "Shit!" First my kitchen and now my car! And I haven't even reached school yet! "Ah!!!!" I screamed in frustration and got off my car.

To my shock, a familiar face went out from the other car and uttering apologies. "Sorry! Sorry! Sorry!" It was Ashley and Andrea in tow. "Dylan?" She said.

"Uh huh!" It was weird since my anger suddenly disappeared.

"I'm really sorry!" She repeated. "Let me know how much and I'll pay for the repairs."

I took at look at our cars and saw her bumper got a slight bent while mine got none. It only had a transfer red paint from her. "Nah... It seems your car needs more attention." I said. "What are you doing driving by yourself? Don't you guys ride with your friends."

At the mention of her friends, it suddenly felt awkward. I felt to have missed a lot and I was only gone for a day.

"Long story short, we are not friends anymore." Ashley responded.

Beep! Beep!

I looked around and saw that we were already causing traffic. "Let's just continue this at school." I said and went back to my car and drove off.

I must have driven so fast that I lost track of them or they just drive too slow. Anyways, first class going the start soon so I better go.

They said third time's the charm and unfortunately, my streak of bad luck came the moment I tried to park my car. A nail littered on the floor and my wheel burst. "Fuck!" My frustration meter officially filled up so I kicked the burst wheel.

I sighed. If my day continued to be like this, then I think I better not attend the race tonight. Although I'm a person who really doesn't believe in luck but the unfortunate events that happened spoke for themselves.

"Having a bad day?" A familiar voice said.

"Worst." Was my short response.

"You missed school yesterday."

"I know." I said and walked away. I don't really want to deal with anyone at the moment. I'm so pissed at the continuous stream of events.

"You're welcome!" Geeh! Is that her way of telling me that I owed her. It's not like I asked for her help. But come to think of it, I'm grateful for her interference, because had it not for her, then I could already be in jail for murder.

I raised my hand in acknowledgement. "Thanks!"

I took my usual seat at my first class, a few more minutes and people started walking in. The first thing I noticed was that Ashley and Andrea came in without the queen. And then I remembered about them not being friends anymore.

Queen bitch and princess 1 entered with their usual lackeys and took a seat on the opposite side of Ashley and Andrea. "Since when do I refer them by their name?" I whispered to myself and scratched my head.

The heavy aura flowed throughout the whole room. Queen bitch kept on sending evil glare at Ashley who has been ignoring her. Having known her for a long time might have made her immune from her.

"Good morning class!" Out teacher said as she walked in. "Now let's start..."

As the classes started... everything was put into hold. But one thing is for sure... There's going to be a blood bath soon.